Roasted Baby Carrots cooked to perfection, drizzled with honey and tossed in crushed pistachios. Very easy to make.
I tend to be obsessive in life. When I like something I do a lot of it.
Case in point:
- eating carrots
- eating pistachios
- watching the walking dead
- then watching the walking dead again
- then one more time to be sure I didn’t miss anything
- then a fourth time to be really sure I didn’t miss anything
- and by anything at all I mean Daryl Dixon, aka Norman Reedus
- or as I like to call him, my future husband. Just don’t tell my current one.
Let’s keep that last one to ourselves. It’s our little secret. Pinkie swear?
Okay back to the carrots. Sorry about that. Got all carried away with stuff, and things.
I love roasted carrots, I make Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots quite often. I also love them with honey drizzled over them. I made a batch recently and decided to toss some pistachio bits over them that I had leftover from a baking project. Turned out wonderfully. Now I want to toss pistachios on everything.
Cripes, your mind just went there, didn’t it? Come on people, mind out of the gutter! The only thing I’d be throwing at him is myself.
Okay, go forth and make carrots. Roasted Carrots with Honey and Pistachios. And try to forget the image of Norman Reedus covered in pistachios. For those that can’t, well, you’re welcome!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 681 grams (1.5 pounds/24 ounces) baby carrots, tops removed, peeled if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of coarse salt
- Dash of pepper if desired
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped or crushed pistachios, more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper, if you don't have any just spray it liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse your carrots and pat dry.
- In a medium sized glass bowl place the carrots inside.
- Pour the olive oil over top, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots until well coated then pop them onto the cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and roast them for about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you like your carrots, and how thick they are.
- Now remove from oven, but keep the oven turned on, and the cookie sheet nearby The carrots will be going back into the oven momentarily.
- Use a spatula and transfer the carrots to a bowl. Drizzle honey over top and toss to coat really well. Place them back on the cookie sheet, and spread them about evenly. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes longer, this varies wildly depending on the thickness of the carrots, so watch them carefully. Honey burns quickly.
- Remove from oven. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with more coarse salt, pepper if desired. Toss the pistachios over top.
- Serve with a big old honey and pistachio loving smile!
Now on with the giveaway deets! I know you all enjoy a good giveaway. You’re going to love this one!
Just in time for Mother’s Day…
We’re giving away a bright and shiny KitchenAid mixer. Your mom deserves one, right?
Or maybe you deserve one.
One lucky winner will receive a 5-quart KitchenAid stand mixer in the color “Ice”. Enter below using the Rafflecopter widget; you’ll have until May 4th to win.
This giveaway is sponsored by:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Toodles and smoochies! xx