How to Toast Pistachios. It’s easy and quick, plus it brings out the flavour.
Welcome to the blog. Today is a very special day. We’re celebrating Grab Some Nuts Day. It’s an actual food holiday. Who knew?
When I found out Grab Some Nuts Day was coming up I knew I had to celebrate with some of my nutty friends. So I put together a small group of bloggers who wanted to grab some nuts with me. I mean who wants to grab nuts all by themselves right?
We all came up with some nut packed recipes for you to celebrate this hilariously weird food holiday. I love that I have friends who appreciate a good laugh, and the opportunity for nutty puns. These folks have kept me giggling through a rough week. Thank goodness for nutty friends.
If you appreciate nut humour, and lots of inappropriate nut jokes be sure to visit all the other participants. Grab Some Nuts Day should be a yearly event if you ask me. We have a whole year to work on our nuts before the next event. We should all get cracking on that.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 cups shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the pistachios evenly on a rimmed cookie sheet. Place in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes They will become very fragrant when they are done.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a plate immediately.
- If you want to remove the skins from the pistachios place them on a clean towel and rub them. The pieces will slide right off. It's easiest to do this when the pistachios are warm. (so many jokes, so little time
- Let the pistachios cool and then you can store them.
- They taste amazing in baking recipes when they are toasted.
- You can just munch on them though. Perfectly acceptable.
- Serve with a big old Grab Some Nuts Day smile!
So simple and so good. Everyone should toast their nuts every single day if you ask me.
Be sure to visit all the other Nutty Participants for Grab Some Nuts Day:
- How to Toast your Nuts by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Flourless Peanut Butter Walnut Brownie Cookies by It’s Yummi
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Brownies by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Salted Caramel Peanut Pie by Hungry Couple
- Pistachio Cream Cheese French Toast by Baking in a Tornado
- Dark Chocolate Chip + Hazelnut Cookies by Spiced
- Peanut Butter Martini Mousse by Cooking in Stilettos
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cashew and Pistachio Truffles by Culinary Ginger
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Bourbon Pecan Pie for One by The Spiffy Cookie
- Herb Roasted Cashews by Noshing with the Nolands
I hope you all celebrate Grab Some Nuts Day in style. Pick your favourite kind of nut and get cracking.
I had a total blast celebrating Grab Some Nuts Day with all my friends today. Thanks to everyone who participated. You made me laugh all week long as we prepped for this event. I love my bloggy peeps so much.
Happy Grab Some Nuts Day to all my friends and readers. Now go grab some nuts.
Toodles and smoochies! xx