Ooey, gooey, fudgy chocolate brownies filled with creme eggs.
I admit it, not only am I a brownie fanatic, I’m also a Cadbury Creme Egg fanatic as well. Since they are only around for a short time each year I try to make the best of it and find as many ways as possible to get my Creme Egg fill.
Today I stuffed those scrumptious eggs into brownies. For no other reason than I felt like it. Sometimes you have to roll with your wacky cravings, and considering my blog is called Cravings of a Lunatic I roll with mine often.
My motto is if you are craving something there’s a reason for it. Your body is telling you something. So indulge it and have a little bit of whatever you happen to be craving. If you only eat a little then cravings never get the best of you.
I think most of us never give in to those cravings because then we go overboard and eat too much of what we’re craving. That’s never a good idea. But it sure is easy to fall prey to our cravings and eat 20 creme eggs instead of one.
You know what I’m talking about. We’ve all been there. You crave a creme egg or a piece of chocolate, so you think to yourself I’ll just have one. Next thing you know your lying in your bed watching the walking dead with forty-six opened wrappers strewn about.
We’ve all done it. Whether it’s chocolate, chips, pistachios or cookies. It happens to the best of us. But never let it get you down. You are not defined by what you put in your piehole, but rather by your zest for life. So no one here will ever judge you.
If you give in a little too hard just try to behave a little better the next day. Life is about the big picture, it’s about enjoying the hell out of yourself every chance you get. So never let one bad day get you down.
Pull up your bootstraps, laugh at yourself a little bit, then move on. A bad day is not a bad week, or month, or life. You’re human. Learn to let stuff go at the end of the day. Learn to enjoy the little things. Like creme eggs. And creme egg brownies.
Eat one or two, then bring the rest to work, or give them to the hooligans. These ooey, gooey, fudgey brownies are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. Share them responsibly. Or, you know, don’t.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs. beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 to 12 mini cadbury creme eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and semi sweet chocolate together over low heat in a medium saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar. Stir well.
- Now add your eggs and vanilla, stirring until it’s smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, flour and vanilla salt. Stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and place each mini egg randomly in batter and press it down.
- Pop back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice with a knife into squares.
- Serve with a big old creme egg loving smile.
Craving more Easter Recipes? Check out these recipes:
Swing by recipe index for more inspiration. There are tons of great dessert recipes, and also a wide array of chocolate recipes. You can also follow me on Pinterest for some fabulous recipe inspiration, as well as fashion, jokes, and cat pins. I’m cool like that.
Toodles and smoochies! xx