There is just something about homemade candy that makes me happy. This pistachio brittle recipe is made in the microwave so it’s quick and easy. Less than 10 minutes to make perfect Pistachio Brittle!
Welcome to Day 1 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter at the bottom of the post!
I love the holidays. There’s something about Christmas that just makes me ridiculously happy. I love spending time with my family and just chilling out together. We laugh, we cook, we eat, and we bake.
Baking ranks high on my list of favourite things to do during the holidays. So obviously creating an event that celebrates Christmas Sweets in all their glory would be right up my alley.
I started this event years ago to bring together bloggers of all niches and backgrounds to celebrate baking during the holidays. We welcome everyone, it’s just a fun event that showcases all our favourite recipes for the holidays.
This year I decided I wanted to take some pressure of myself because I’m so busy with the new horse, and life in general. So instead of pulling in multiple sponsors I asked some of my blogging favourites to join me in a giveaway hosted by bloggers.
So we’re giving away a bunch of Amazon Gift Cards. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the post for that information, and to enter this amazing giveaway. Before you scroll take another look at my gorgeous Microwave Pistachio Brittle.
Okay, now that I’ve tempted you with sugar and nuts, I should tell you a little more about our event. There are over 35 bloggers participating in this year’s event. It’s going to be a delicious week.
Take a peek below to get to know all of our participants for this week’s events. Show them so love and give them a big thank you for chipping in on such great prizes. Then keep scrolling for the recipe for my Microwave Pistachio Brittle.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Thanks to all our participants for joining Christmas Week and being SO awesome! Now let’s take a peek at what everyone has cooked up for the event. It’s sweet treats all week long. I hope you’re as excited as we are! Take a minute to peruse all the fantastic recipes below. You can find the recipe for the Microwave Pistachio Brittle below the list of recipes!!
Recipes from Day 1 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Pistachio Brittle from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Peppermint Bark from Poet in the Pantry
- Eggnog Pound Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Quince, Cranberry and Persimmon Crisps from Pineapple and Coconut
- Chocolate Fruit ‘n Nut Bites from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Fancy Chocolate Covered Marshallows from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Marzipan Fruits from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Eggnog Truffles from Crumb: A Food Blog
- Peppermint Fudge from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Gingerbread Cake with Orange Cream Glaze from Comfortably Domestic
- Christmas Sweets and Treats from Food Done Light
- Spiked Hot Cocoa Gift Mix from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chanukah Olive Oil Cookies from Mother Would Know
- Coconut Pralines from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry Overnight Sweet Rolls from My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies from Daily Appetite
- Chocolate Dipped Gingersnaps from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Cups from Savory Experiments
- Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake from Cooking In Stilettos
- Ginger Snap Cocktail from Food Babbles
- Coquito Cinnamon Roll Bundt from Mind Over Batter
- No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Easy White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Easy Cream Cheese Cookies from Everyday Southwest
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars from From Gate to Plate
- Molasses Ginger Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apricot Spice Biscotti from Savoring Italy
- Caramel Bacon Bark from Dixie Chik Cooks
- Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from The Tomato Tart
- Easy Macadamia Cashew Brittle from Aloha Flavor
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- CAUTION: Be super careful not to touch the liquid during the cooking process! Do NOT lick the spoon. It's wicked hot and can burn you. I know it's tempting but don't do it!! Seriously! Use common sense, people!
- Place a rimmed cookie sheetor an 11 x 7 pan baking pan.
- In a large glass measuring cup, or microwave safe container, combine sugar and corn syrup. Stir with a spoon.
- Place the measuring cup in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes. The mixture is going to get extremely hot so don't touch the mixture by accident, or on purpose. Use your noggins, peeps.
- Remove the measuring cup from the microwave and add the shelled pistachios to the measuring cup and microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Do NOT touch the mixture, it's flipping hot!
- Remove the measuring cup from the microwave and add butter and vanilla, it may bubble up, it's okay, just stir until well combined. Place back in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Again, do not touch it, this stuff is piping hot.
- Add the baking soda to the measuring cup and mix for about 20 to 30 seconds while the foaming slows down. Once it's all settled you can pour it onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or large pan. Smooth out with a scraper or the back of a spoon. I spray the back of a spoon with non-stick spray then smooth mine out that way. If desired you can toss some demerara sugar over top of the surface. Allow the candy to cool completely.
- Cut with a knife or use a toffee hammer to break the peanut brittle into pieces. You can eat it right away or store it in airtight container.
- Serve with a big old candy loving smile!
So we all chipped in the funds to host an amazing Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. We’re giving away 3 Prizes. 1st Prize is a $500 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. 2nd Prize is a $250 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. And 3rd Prize is a $50 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015.
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. All prizes will be paid via Amazon.com so there are no issues with exchanges rates. Winner must be 18 years of age. Winner will be notified via email. Winner has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
Keep tuning in all week for more great Christmas Week Recipes!