These cookies are so incredibly easy to make. Fluffy coconut filling wedged between chocolate cookies, then dunked in more coconut.
Welcome to Day Four of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
I cannot believe we’re almost at the end of Christmas Week already. It’s just flying by so fast. I’m having a blast baking up a storm for the blog. There is nothing more relaxing than baking all day long. It soothes the soul.
Coconut is one of my favourite things in the entire world. I cannot get enough it, particularly around the holiday season. I think it’s because the coconut looks so much like snow. So anything made with it just looks so festive.
I made a different version of these recently, called Chocolate Coconut Cookies, where the coconut was piled on top of the cookie. We just fell in love with the recipe. It was so easy to make, and absolutely delicious to chow down on. So I thought I would give them a new spin.
Enter Coconut Filled Sandwich Cookies. These little cookies are going to blow your diet right out of the water. But who diets this close to the holidays anyway. Indulge a little. Or a lot. I vote for a lot.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar divided
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chopped, melted
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, mix. Set aside.
Combine 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and butter in a large bowl, mix until smooth. Add the melted chocolate to the bowl, mix until combined. Add the eggs, and mix until well combined. Now gradually add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until combined thoroughly. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly so there's no air that can get in, pop in the fridge to chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls, place them on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
Pop in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies should no longer look wet on top when done.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Grab a medium size bowl, in that bowl combine the cream cheese and remaining confectioners' sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup of coconut, mix well.
Match up your cookies into pairs so the size is as close as possible.
Spread the coconut mixture on each cookie then start to press them together. While the mixture is still wet, take the remaining coconut and place it in a bowl, roll the edges of each cookie in it. Place on a serving tray.
Serve with a big old coconut loving smile!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Ridiculously Delicious Vanilla Cookies by Cookistry
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Toffee Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Cranberry Ginger Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Rocky Road Chocolate Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Apple Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rum Blondies with Cinnamon Chips by From Gate to Plate
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
- Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
Be sure to enter the giveaway below. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck everyone.
Craving more Holiday Sweets? Check out these recipes:
Toodles and smoochies! xx