For all my fellow Pistachio Lovers out there, this one is for YOU! It’s Pistachio Roca, layers of pistachios, caramel, chocolate, and more pistachios. It’s little bites of candy heaven!
Welcome to Day 4 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter at the bottom of the post!
Okay, okay, I’ll admit it. I’m a pistachio nut. In every sense of the word. I cannot help myself. It’s nature’s perfect nut. I love them immensely. My love for pistachios knows no bounds.
Whether I’m whipping up Marble Bark with Pistachios and Fleur de Sel, Microwave Pistachio Brittle, or Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust, I’m a happy girl.
Working pistachios into recipes makes me happy. I even have a post that teaches you how to toast pistachios. Toasting them brings out their flavour more intensely. You need to try it.
So yes, I LOVE pistachios. It’s no secret I snack on them at night. I love having a small bowl of pistachios while I watch TV. It’s my version of nightcap. Or milk and cookies. It relaxes me.
I originally planned to make Almond Roca, but I went on a baking spree yesterday and had a giant bag of pistachios handy so I went to town and made 1,009,367 pistachios recipes.
A bunch of us bloggers got together to chip in on a killer prize for Christmas Week. We’re giving away 1 x $500 Amazon Gift Card, 1 x $250 Amazon Gift Card, and 1 x $50 Amazon Gift Card. You heard that right. $800 in prizes for Christmas Week. We’ll pull 3 winners, one for each prize.
So be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter. Don’t freak out or get overwhelmed by the number of entry options. The only required one is a blog comment. The rest are just extras for people who really dig contesting. If you’re not into following lots of peeps all you have to do is comment on this post.
However, if you do dig following lots of bloggers, and getting extra entries for giveaways then have at it. Enter as many times as you like. Bloggers love to be followed on social media so we gave you lots of options for following all of us. I can promise you these bloggers rock. So following would be cool.
If you’d like to get to know the bloggers involved you can scroll the links below. There’s over 35 of us participating in Christmas Week this year. It’s a great group of bloggers and I’m so happy they all joined me for this adventure.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 4 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Slow Cooker Eggnog Granola from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Hot Cocoa Brownies from Crumb: A Food Blog
- Soft Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Food Done Light
- Cranberry Chai Tea Cookies from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Chanukah Gelt Cookies from Mother Would Know
- Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Rocky Road Fudge by My Catholic Kitchen
- Best Sugar Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints from Mind Over Batter
- Gingerbread Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Habanero Orange Marmalade from Everyday Southwest
- Upside Down Sticky Apple Pie from From Gate to Plate
- Homemade Instant Hot Cocoa Mix from Flour on my Face
- Chocolate Raspberry Walnut Rugelach from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- S’mores Hot Chocolate from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- Butter a 11 x 7 baking pan.
- Place a medium size saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar over medium-low heat. Allow the butter to melt and the sugar to start to cook while stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes. Now allow it to bubble without stirring until it turns amber in colour. You want it at a low boil, so it's just bubbling lightly across the pan at a medium pace, not too slow and not fast. Allow it to bubble and cook until it starts to turn amber or golden in colour, you can swirl the pan here and there during the process if you like but don't stir it..Some folks use a candy thermometer, I do it by eye. It can go from amber to burnt quickly so don't walk away or turn it up. You want to watch it pretty closely. If it's bubbling nicely it should take about 3 to 5 minutes to begin to thicken and turn into a caramel mixture.
- While the caramel mixture is bubbling you can toss 2 cups of roughly chopped pistachios on the bottom of the buttered 11 x 7 pan.
- Once the caramel mixture is thick and amber in colour remove from heat, stir and pour over the pistachios in the 11 x 7 pan. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a double boiler, or microwave, melt the chocolate. I like using milk chocolate for all my candy. We like the taste better than other chocolates. You can use dark if you like. I use the double boiler for melting my chocolate more often than not. If you don't like doing that you can melt it in the microwave for about 1 to 1½ minutes. If I melt chocolate in the microwave I tend to add a tiny bit of canola or vegetable oil to it. Just about a teaspoon for this amount. I find chocolate seizes too easily in the microwave so adding a bit of oil helps keep it smooth. Microwaves are all so different so time can vary dramatically.
- Once the chocolate is melted pour it over top of the caramel mixture in the pan. Smooth out with a spoon.
- Toss crushed pistachios over top of the chocolate evenly.
- Place pan in the fridge for about 30 to 60 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares in the pan.
- Serve with a big old pistachio loving smile!
So, all us bloggers participating in Christmas Week chipped in the funds to host an amazing Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. We’re giving away 3 Prizes. 1st Prize is a $500 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. 2nd Prize is a $250 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. And 3rd Prize is a $50 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015.
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. All prizes will be paid via Amazon.com so there are no issues with exchanges rates. Winner must be 18 years of age. Winner will be notified via email. Winner has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
PIN this Giveaway to share with all your friends and family!
Enter the Giveaway Below!