This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Folgers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Coffee meets Cookies and Cream in this easy, no-churn ice cream recipe. This Cookies and Cream Coffee Ice Cream is the perfect combination of flavors.
My husband is a HUGE coffee fanatic. Not even kidding. He can never get enough of it. I always tease him that his favorite coffee shop should build a little apartment for him in the back of the shop. I mean why not, he’s there all the time.
He loves his coffee. It’s serious business in his world. He’s not into all that fancy shmancy stuff though. He likes his pretty plain. No long names, no complicated ordering, no pretense. Just coffee. Straight up. Without any craziness.
So in an effort to push him out of his comfort zone I decided to take his plain coffee and turn it on its head. In the easiest way possible. I mean I want him to expand his horizons, but not at my own expense. Let’s not get all crazy, people.
Folgers instant coffee to the rescue! This stuff should wear a cape. Not even kidding. Instant coffee rocks the world. It’s so easy to use for cooking and baking. If you’ve never tried using it in recipes you need to try it, immediately.
You can find more coffee recipe inspiration by checking out Folgers Recipes. There are so many fabulous recipes for you to try out. Pick one, or ten, and get started. You can never go wrong with coffee, it’s the perfect way to kick start any day.
Any chance I get to whip up some coffee inspired treats for him I take it. Today’s treat was seriously fun to make. It was also seriously scrumptious to nosh on. The flavors in this are out of this world. This ice cream was a serious hit.
I highly suggest you make this recipe. It’s seriously scrumptious. Everyone who tries it flips out over this one. The flavor is outstanding. I can’t stop eating this ice cream. It’s absolutely incredible.
This no churn recipe inspiration from Martha Stewart, Nigella Lawson, and Serious Eats. You can learn the science behind no churn ice creams on Martha Stewart. There’s some great insight on why adding alcohol to your ice cream helps the texture.
So if you’ve been wanting to learn more about no churn ice cream now is the time. This version is alcohol free. If you’re so inclined you add some. The cool thing about easy no churn ice creams is they are very easy to adapt to your own taste.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 teaspoons Folgers Instant Coffee, more or less to personal taste
- 2 teaspoons Hot Water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1½ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Heat a small amount of water to boiling. In a small bowl combine 4 teaspoons of Folgers Instant Coffee with 2 teaspoons of boiling water. Mix well. Allow to cool. I placed mine in the fridge to cool it down so it would mix into the ice cream easier. You could even pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool it off.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Using an electric mixer (or stand mixer) whisk the ingredients until they come together. Add the coffee mixture now, then whisk again on high until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add the crushed cookies and mix by hand until combined. Transfer mixture to a metal loaf pan and smooth out. Place in the freezer overnight.
- Serve with a big old coffee loving smile!
Want a bite?
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM BOARD!