This cherry cobbler recipe is easy, quick and utterly delicious. It’s topped with chocolate chip muffin mix for everyone who loves cherries with chocolate as much as I do!
This is a sponsored post for J.M. Smucker’s®. Thanks to the brands who support my blog.
I love comfort food. It just makes me happy and reminds me of my childhood. I’ve always been a huge fan of cobblers. Particularly cherry cobbler. It’s my absolute favourite. I could eat it every single day. For breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Today I had it for dessert.
There’s something about comfort food that just makes you nostalgic and gets you thinking about about all the recipes you ate as a kid. My Mom was not the best cook in the world. She did not seem to enjoy cooking. There were some recipes she made well though.
Cobbler was something we ate as kids and I fell in love with it at a young age. That warm fruit topped with soft, delicious fluffiness. You can make it from scratch, or use biscuits. You can also use Martha White® Baking Mixes. Yes, you heard me correctly.
You can totally use Martha White® Baking Mixes to make cobbler toppings. I know right. You’re in awe right now. I used their Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix for this recipe. Nothing goes better with cherries than chocolate. So it was the perfect choice for this cherry cobbler.
You just whip it up like your normally would. Give the package a read and follow the instructions. I know right, it sounds too easy. You’re thinking I’m crazy. I promise you I’m not. I used 1/2 cup of milk and some cinnamon with this recipe, that’s it. It’s utterly delicious.
I like to layer my cinnamon when I make recipes like this. I’ll add a little to the fruit filling I use, then I add some in the topping mixture, then I even sprinkle some on top of the mixture. This takes the recipe from good to great every single time I make a recipe this way.
Let’s be honest, cinnamon screams comfort food. Cinnamon is the happy spice, the one everyone loves and the one we all use like crazy. It’s earthy and comforting, plus it adds such amazing flavour to recipes. Not only does it add flavour, but the aroma is out of this world.
So, pick up some Martha White® Baking Mixes and get creative. Think outside the box when you get into the kitchen. You can make so many different recipes if you let your imagination run wild. I have complete faith in you. Swing by Kroger today to buy a variety of the mixes.
You can find your local Kroger store on their website. I swear websites that have store locaters are my favourite thing in the world. Not only that but shopping at Kroger is a breeze. We can’t get in there enough to shop. Easy to find ingredients, friendly staff and variety like crazy.
I love comfort food. It’s my go to for entertaining and family dinners. It makes people happy. Recipes like this make me want to put on some jammies, curl up on the couch in front a roaring fire and read a good book while gobbling up this amazing cherry cobbler.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
4 Ingredient Cherry Cobbler with Chocolate Chip Topping
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon divided into thirds
- 1 package of Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray large cast iron pan with non-stick spray, or rub the pan with butter.
- Add the cherry pie filling to the cast iron pan. Sprinkle 1/3 teaspoon of cinnamon over top of the pie filling.
- In a large bowl combine the dry Martha White® Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well. Spoon the mixture randomly over the top of the pie filling. Leave gaps here and there, it looks rustic and amazing. Now sprinkle the final 1/3 teaspoon of cinnamon over top of the mixture.
- Place pan in preheated oven. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately or store in fridge until you're ready to eat it.
- You can spoon whipped cream or ice cream over top when serving for added flavour and deliciousness. That's comfort food at its finest.
- Serve with a big old cobbler loving smile!
You want to dig right into that bowl right now, don’t you?
It’s okay, I ate a little extra for each one of you. I’m a giver!
Craving more comfort food recipes? Check these out:
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Any commission made through those links helps to support the blog. Thanks to everyone who helps support Cravings of a Lunatic.