This Cherry Almond Macaroon Pie recipe is filled with flavour. The pie crust is filled with cherry pie filling, then topped with almonds and coconut. It’s the perfect bite every time!
I had eyed this recipe awhile back. I stumbled upon it on a food site. So kudos and acknowledgement go to the Pillsbury site for their recipe for Almond Macaroon Cherry Pie.
This was the bake off winner in 1986 and the winner’s name is Rose LeMon. I just had to try this one. I only made one change to it. I added coconut extract to it.
If I make it again I’d be inclined to lose the almonds. Not sure my hubby would be on board with that though. He’s an almond lover.
I just loved it but think I would like it better with just coconut. But then I’m a coconut fiend, so there you go.
So try the original, or try it without almonds, or try it without coconut. Just try it. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.
More Great Dessert Recipes:
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookie Stacks with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Cream Pie Dip
- Banana Coconut Sweet Bread
- The Best Brownies in the World
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Tools Used for This Recipe:
- Pie Dish– I find it useful to have multiple kinds of pie dish. I’m obsessed with them. If you can only buy one I suggest a great quality one like Emile Henry. If you’re on a budget buy a Pyrex pie dish or a good non-stick pie dish. If you’re looking for some fun and fancy I highly recommend The Pioneer Woman’s Stoneware Pie Dish.
- Mixing Bowls– Having good quality mixing bowls is incredibly important if you bake often. 3, 4 or 5 piece sets are great because they stack inside one another so they save space. I use my mixing bowls for everything from mixing to storing fruit and serving popcorn.
- Measuring Cups– This is something else I have multiples of. I have glass measuring cups, angled measuring cups, plastic measuring cups and metal measuring cups.
Make sure you watch the recipe video for this Cherry Almond Macaroon Pie. Recipe video was added on November 13, 2017. Enjoy!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 package of Pillsbury pie crust you only need one of the two pieces.
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt if desired
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 egg beaten
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Carefully roll out the pie crust, then place in a pie plate.
In a large sized mixing bowl combine all the filling ingredients together. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all of the topping ingredients. Remove pie from oven at the 20 minute mark and spread the topping over it. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. The top should be golden brown when done.
Serve with a big old cherry loving smile!
Recipe very slightly adapted from Pillsbury
Hope you love this. We sure did.
I am in love with any recipes that incorporate cherry with coconut. I’ve made cherry cake pops before which were amazing. I’ve also whipped up chocolate granola with dried cherries, almonds and coconut. I’ve also made coconut whipped cream and cherry parfaits. Love those way too much.
Any chance I get to put them together I jump at. This recipe was totally worth the leap of faith. Jump in and try it yourself.
Thanks for visiting today!