These Almond Crusted Chicken Strips with Almond Dipping Sauce are sure to impress your guests. This recipe can be whipped up in under 30 minutes!
I could eat these almond crusted chicken strips every single day. They are just so delicious, plus they are so quick and easy to make.
Honestly, I was a picky eater when I was a kid. My mom had such a hard time feeding me. My father was one of those parents who made you eat whatever was on your plate, and every darn bite.
Mom was completely different. She just wanted us to enjoy our time at the table and love the food we ate.
My Mom loved simple recipes, mostly because she didn't really love to cook. She was a riot and loved many things in life, but cooking wasn't one of those things.
We grew up eating a lot of things that were breaded. Pork chops, and chicken were her go to choices. We ate a lot of breaded pork chops and breaded chicken.
I'm not going to lie, I loved both of them. She cooked them to perfection. The inside was always tender, and the outside always had the perfect crispness.
My daughter is a picky eater like I was but she loves chicken strips. She tried them at a restaurant when she was out with her friends and fell in love with them.
This is my spin on the recipe she loves.
More Dinner Recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Easy Steak and Peppers
- 10 Easy Recipes for Leftover Chicken
- Mac n Cheese
- Sesame Chicken
- Hussy Pasta
- Seafood Chowder 2.0
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
For the chicken strips:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken in thin strips. This is finger food so keep that in mind when cutting pieces. You want people to be able to pick them up easily and dunk them.
- Scoop ¾ cup of greek yogurt into a shallow dish so you can dredge the chicken in it easily.
- Place your almonds in a food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs. If you don't have a food processor you can use a rolling pin and ziploc bag.
- Pour the crushed almonds in a large shallow bowl. Add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and dried parsley, then mix well.
- Now dredge each chicken strip in the yogurt, be sure to coat all sides well. Then dunk each chicken strip into the crumb mixture. Shake excess off lightly and place each piece on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all pieces are coated and on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. You want the breading to be golden brown and crisp. I like mine well done but if you like yours lighter in colour just adjust the time down a minute or two.
- While the chicken cooks you can whip up the easy dipping sauce.
- Combine 1 cup greek yogurt, almond extract, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into a nice serving bowl and chill until needed. We like ours cold, not room temperature.
- Remove the chicken strips from the oven and place on a platter. Place the dipping sauce on the same platter.
- Serve with a big old chicken strip loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!