Belgian Waffles made with Fresh Bananas, then topped with Sliced Bananas, Whipped Cream, Cherries, sprinkles and chocolate sauce!
I’m telling you right now, these Banana Split Waffles will change your life!
No joke. You will never want regular waffles again. You will crave these over the top waffles morning, noon, and night. Probably in the middle of the night too. No lie. You will wake up in the middle of the night jonesing for these Banana Split Waffles!
Not that anyone here did that or anything! I would never get up in the middle of the night to chow down on waffles. Never!
Okay, I totally would! Not even kidding. These waffles are completely worth a middle of the night kitchen raid. You won’t regret it. I promise!
I made a big batch of these yesterday. Then I cried a little bit because I was too sick it eat more than two bites. Best two bites of my life.
My only regret…..my photos are not as bright and pretty as I’d like. In my defence it’s amazing I could even whip up waffles considering how sick I am.
However it’s still going to bug me that they are not as pretty as I’d like. I can’t help myself, I’m a bit of a perfectionist. Even with a fever of 104.
I’m hoping to bounce back quickly. I hate being sick, it makes being a food blogger a bit complicated. You have to make food no matter how you’re feeling.
Luckily I have a very honest family with huge appetites. So any time I make huge batches of waffles, or anything else for that matter, they are very happy to plow through the food and give wicked honest feedback.
Very honest feedback. Like brutally honest feedback! They don’t hold back when it comes to letting me know what tastes good and what stinks. And they are happy to tell me!
Which I like. I tend to be brutally honest too. So I’ve raised my kids to be the same way. All I ask is that they be kind. They usually find a way to balance honesty with kindness, and humour.
One thing I’m always honest about is waffles. I love my waffles. We bought a fancy shmancy new waffle maker last year. I freaking love that thing. It’s my favourite small appliance these days. I cannot use it enough.
So it seems fitting that I would join Waffle Week 2015! Of course I would! Tons of food bloggers whipping up waffles for the world! That’s my utopia.
- Waffled Polenta Crisps with Caponata by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cheese & Pear Waffle Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Churro Waffles by A Nerd Cooks
- Coconut Flour Waffles with Macadamia Nuts and Spiced Pineapple Syrup by Aloha Flavor
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Waffles by Cookie Monster Cooking
- Buckwheat Waffles Benedict by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Bacon Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast Waffles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Pumpkin Waffles with Butter Pecan Maple Syrup or Chocolate Waffles by With Salt and Wit
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Waffles by Rhubarb and Honey
- Toasted Coconut Waffles by The Chef Next Door
- Pumpkin Waffle Sandwiches with Apple Butter and Brie by Go Go Go Gourmet
- Potato Waffle Eggs Florentine by Eats Well With Others
- Cauliflower Cheese Waffles by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet potato waffles with horseradish sauce by Our Good Life
- Mac and Cheese Waffles with Honey Bunches Chicken by Baking In A Tornado
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Belgian Waffles w/ Chili Whipped Butter & Maple Glaze by Blue Crab Martini
- Hummus Waffles with Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Sweet & Savoury Sausage & Apple Waffles by Fuchsia Freezer
- Brown Sugar Chicken and Waffles by GirlCarnivore
- Chicken and Spiced Sweet Potato Waffles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Waffle Cones by Eva Bakes
- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by Feed Me, Seymour
- Apple Pie Waffles by Spiced
- Red Velvet Waffles with Bourbon Cherry Syrup & Cream Cheese Drizzle by Cooking In Stilettos
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Chocolate Strawberry Waffles by Dinner at the Zoo
- Banana Split Waffles by Cravings of a Lunatic
Ready for the recipe now? Yeah, I bet you are. I’m happy to oblige. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Best bite of waffles on the block!!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 8 to 10 maraschino cherries
- Sprinkles to taste
Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large sized bowl.
Lightly beat egg yolks in another large sized bowl. Then add milk, butter, vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix well.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
In a medium sized bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, I used my stand mixer but you can do it by hand, it just takes a bit longer. Fold the egg whites into the waffle batter.
Preheat your waffle iron. I spray mine with non-stick spray, lightly.
Pour batter into your waffle maker and cook until light brown.
Stack waffles and add toppings any way you like. The more the better if you ask me!
Serve with a big old banana split waffle loving smile!
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home's True Belgian Waffles
I know right. I love this recipe. Not only are you munching banana split waffles but the waffles themselves are banana. That just takes it over the top.
Looking for a new waffle maker? I love mine. It cooks two at the same time! I know right. You can purchase it through my amazon store. It’s a Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker. I’m all about making more food as quickly as possible.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Be sure to visit some of the other Waffle Week participants. You can also follow along on twitter by following #WaffleWeek2015!
Now go waffle it up! Waffle it all the way up!
Disclaimer Policy: This post contain affiliate links. I make a small commission on any purchases. Thank you for supporting Cravings of a Lunatic.