These Banana Split Waffles are Belgian waffles made with bananas, then topped with sliced bananas, whipped cream, cherries, sprinkles and chocolate sauce!
I'm telling you right now, these Banana Split Waffles will change your life!
No joke. You will never want regular waffles again. You will crave these over the top waffles morning, noon, and night. Probably in the middle of the night too. No lie. You will wake up in the middle of the night jonesing for these Banana Split Waffles!
Not that anyone here did that or anything! I would never get up in the middle of the night to chow down on waffles. Never!
Okay, I totally would! Not even kidding. These waffles are completely worth a middle of the night kitchen raid. You won't regret it. I promise!
I made a big batch of these yesterday. Then I cried a little bit because I was too sick it eat more than two bites. Best two bites of my life.
My only regret.....my photos are not as bright and pretty as I'd like. In my defence it's amazing I could even whip up waffles considering how sick I am.
However it's still going to bug me that they are not as pretty as I'd like. I can't help myself, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Even with a fever of 104.
I'm hoping to bounce back quickly. I hate being sick, it makes being a food blogger a bit complicated. You have to make food no matter how you're feeling.
Luckily I have a very honest family with huge appetites. So any time I make huge batches of waffles, or anything else for that matter, they are very happy to plow through the food and give wicked honest feedback.
Very honest feedback. Like brutally honest feedback! They don't hold back when it comes to letting me know what tastes good and what stinks. And they are happy to tell me!
Which I like. I tend to be brutally honest too. So I've raised my kids to be the same way. All I ask is that they be kind. They usually find a way to balance honesty with kindness, and humour.
One thing I'm always honest about is waffles. I love my waffles. We bought a fancy shmancy new waffle maker last year. I freaking love that thing. It's my favourite small appliance these days. I cannot use it enough.
So it seems fitting that I would join Waffle Week 2015! Of course I would! Tons of food bloggers whipping up waffles for the world! That's my utopia.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Banana Split Waffles
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large sized bowl.
- Lightly beat egg yolks in another large sized bowl. Then add milk, butter, vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- In a medium sized bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, I used my stand mixer but you can do it by hand, it just takes a bit longer. Fold the egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron. I spray mine with non-stick spray, lightly.
- Pour batter into your waffle maker and cook until light brown.
- Stack waffles and add toppings any way you like. The more the better if you ask me!
- Serve with a big old banana split waffle loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!