This Bow Tie Pasta Salad is quick, easy and perfect for summer. Pasta salads are essential to every summer BBQ, cookout, picnic or party. Don't leave home without this one!
Summer and pasta salad go together like PB & J. Am I right?
Of course, I'm right!
My brother was over a couple of weeks ago and we were cooking up a storm. We decided to make a bunch of pasta salad recipes because we're crazy like that.
In the Mahaney family making only one of something is absurd. We go big!
No joke, man. We had enough pasta salad to feed an army.
This pasta salad recipe is crazy easy. Some days you just need an easy recipe that doesn't require 10 trips to the store, 19 hours of your time and a brain bleed.
Honestly, cooking should never be stressful. I mean, it should always be fun. That little nugget is some seriously good advice for your life in general.
Less stress, more fun. Let's all make that our motto!
You came. You learned. We made pasta salad.
- Dried Pasta: To be honest, I love bow noodles for pasta salad because it makes it look pretty. You can use spaghetti noodles if you prefer.
- Salad Dressing: For this recipe, I used Italian dressing but if you prefer another kind have at it.
- Veggies: This pasta salad is loaded with carrots and celery. You can add other veggies if you like.
- Spices: Red pepper flakes, salt and pepper are used in this pasta salad recipe. Feel free to use whatever spices you love.
First, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Then salt the water generously. Add bow tie pasta to pot and cook bow noodles according to the package directions. Drain but do not rinse. Then set aside.
Next, cut up your veggies and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix your cooked pasta, veggies, Italian dressing, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
Then, cover and store in the fridge until needed.
Serve room temperature or cold.
How to Store:
- First, allow pasta salad to cool before storing.
- Then, transfer pasta salad to an airtight container and seal well.
- Finally, store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Can it be Frozen:
- Honestly, I do not recommend freezing pasta salad. It changes the texture and doesn't taste as good as fresh.
Other Veggies you can use in Bow Tie Pasta Salad:
- Cherry Tomato
- Snow Peas
Other Recipes you can serve with Bow Tie Pasta Salad:
- Grilled Beer Brats with Boozy Salsa
- Fajita Hot Dogs
- Mexican Hot Dogs
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chipotle Butter
- Sausage Smashed Burger
- Onion Ring Cheeseburger
- Chicken, Peach and Sausage Kebabs
- Fundido Sausage Dogs
- Vampire Steaks with Garlic Red Wine Reduction
- Grilled Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil. Salt the water generously. Add bow tie pasta to pot. Cook bow noodles according to the package directions. Drain but do not rinse. Set aside.
- Cut up your veggies. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix your cooked pasta, veggies, Italian dressing, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Cover and store in fridge if not serving immediately.
- Serve room temperature or cold.
Thanks for visiting today!