Perfect microwave fudge that will be a hit with all your friends and family this holiday season!
Welcome to Day #5 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
I love fudge. Like love, love, love it. Like cannot get enough of it. I think it’s the perfect candy. It just takes me to my happy place.
What’s really cool about fudge is there are so many different varieties of it. You can make it on the stove, you can make it with cream cheese so it’s just a case of mixing it in a stand mixer, and you can even make it in the microwave.
The possibilities are endless with what you can put on top of it as well. You can sprinkle it with sea salt, top it with caramel, or top it with peanut butter cups, or use any kind of tiny candies on top of it or inside of it. I find the endless options fascinating.
I love making different fudge recipe for the holidays. I can play with additions depending on who I am giving the fudge to. It’s so much fun. I get to make a dozen varieties of it and play in the kitchen to my heart’s content. Nothing better than playing in the kitchen around the holidays. I knew I wanted to make microwave fudge for this and I knew I wanted cake batter to be involved so I checked out my friend, Joan of Chocolate, Chocolate and More‘s site to see if she had one. She sure as tooting did, so I used her Cake Batter Fudge recipe to make sure I had my cake mix proportions correct. So thanks to Joan for the recipe, and for being such a lovely blogging buddy. I love this gal so it’s a pleasure any time I get to poke about her site.
- 2 cups dry cake mix
- 2 cups confectioners' powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
Mix dry cake mix and confectioners' sugar together in a large microwave safe bowl.
Add the butter and milk, and pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Remove from microwave and stir really well, then add the white chocolate to the bowl and stir like mad. The heat from the mixture should melt the chocolate. If it doesn't you can pop back in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Toss in the sprinkles and mix well.
Pour into a parchment lined square 8 inch cake pan. Smooth out. Toss more sprinkles on top.
Pop in the fridge for an hour to help it set up.
Cut with a sharp knife.
Inhale. Preferably before anyone gets home.
Serve with a big old "oops, I must have eaten it all" smile
Recipe Source: Chocolate, Chocolate and More's Cake Batter Fudge
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Christmas Fudge by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Cranberry Holiday Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs!
Today’s winner will receive one $250 Freund gift certificate, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below! ***This giveaway is for one $250 gift certificate to Freund Container & Supply, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This gift certificate is being provided by Freund Container & Supply, while the cookbook has been provided by Juanita’s Cocina. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Toodles and smoochies! xx