This fudge is so easy to make. It’s only 3 ingredients and takes 10-15 minutes to make. This chocolate fudge with crushed peppermints will impress all your family and friends this holiday season!
I love peppermint. It’s a crazy, stupid kind of love. It borders on obsession really. And I’m totally okay with that.
There is something about the smell of peppermint. It snaps me out of any bad mood. It puts a smile on my face. It makes me mellow out. I dig that.
I also totally dig chocolate. I happen to be Food Fanatic’s Chocolate Fanatic. This in one of my monthly contributions to their site. I love working with the Food Fanatic peeps. They rock my chocolate loving world.
To me nothing signifies Christmas quite like peppermint. Once I see candy canes make an appearance in the stores it really starts to feel like the holidays for me.
One of my favourite things to do during the holidays is put the candy canes on our Christmas tree. It’s a tradition that dates back to me being a kid. I now carry on that tradition with my own kids. Hopefully they will carry it on with their kids in the future.
We have a tendency to buy way too many each year. It’s like we never learn. We buy every flavour and colour they make. I’m partial to the traditional ones, but I also really dig the new cherry ones on the market. They are pretty fabulous.
Just like everyone else out there we always end up with broken ones in each box. No matter how carefully we choose the boxes. It just sort of happens. I think elves break them while we sleep or something. So I use the pieces for making awesome peppermint treats.
This Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is one of my personal favourites. I cannot get enough of this stuff. I swear I may have hid some jut so I could make it last longer. It’s the only way to get to taste any of my own baking. Otherwise it gets gobbled up before I get my share.
My suggestion if you’re worried about sharing is to make more. Try making two or three batches at the same time. Then send me one. It’s just the right thing to do. Santa says so!
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Tools for Making Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
How to Make Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Spray an 8 by 8 inch pan with non stick spray then line with parchment paper.
- Use a medium size saucepan to heat the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and smooth out the mixture with a spoon.
- Toss crushed peppermints over top.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set up.
- Remove and slice fudge before serving.
Tips for Making Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Have all your ingredients ready before you start. A little prep goes a long way with baking and cooking.
- Be sure to line your pan ahead of time. I find spraying the pan with non stick spray first helps the parchment stay in place when pouring the fudge into the pan.
- You can crush the peppermints by placing them in a ziploc bag then using a rolling pin to break the candies.
- Fudge can be stored in a cool dry place for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Great Fudge Recipes
- Cake Batter Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Microwave Nutella S’mores Fudge
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios
- Red Velvet Fudge
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Thanks for visiting today!