This easy chocolate peppermint fudge is so easy to make and only has 3 ingredients. It will impress your family and friends!
I love peppermint fudge so much. It’s a crazy, stupid kind of love. It borders on obsession really. And I’m totally okay with that.
There is something about the smell of peppermint. It snaps me out of any bad mood, put a smile on my face and makes me mellow out.
Nothing signifies Christmas quite like peppermint. Once I see candy canes make an appearance in the stores it really starts to feel like the holidays for me.
One of my favourite things to do during the holidays is put the candy canes on our Christmas tree. It’s a tradition that dates back to me being a kid. I now carry on that tradition with my own kids.
We have a tendency to buy way too many each year. It’s like we never learn.
We buy every flavour and colour they make. I’m partial to the traditional ones, but I also really dig the new cherry ones on the market.
Just like everyone else out there we always end up with broken ones in each box. No matter how carefully we choose the boxes. It just sort of happens. I think elves break them while we sleep or something.
We use the broken ones for baking. It’s a festive and tasty way to use them up.
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge:
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Peppermint Candies
How to Make Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- First, spray an 8 by 8 inch pan with non stick spray then line with parchment paper.
- Then, use a medium size saucepan to heat the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth.
- Next, pour the mixture into the lined pan and smooth out the mixture with a spoon.
- After that, toss crushed peppermints over top.
- Then, place the pan in the fridge to set up.
- Finally, remove and slice fudge before serving.
Tips for Making Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Be sure to have all your ingredients ready before you start. A little prep goes a long way with baking and cooking.
- Also, make sure to line your pan ahead of time. I find spraying the pan with non stick spray first helps the parchment stay in place when pouring the fudge into the pan.
- You can crush the peppermints by placing them in a ziploc bag then using a rolling pin to break the candies.
- Fudge can be stored in a cool dry place for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More Great Fudge Recipes
- Cake Batter Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Microwave Nutella S’mores Fudge
- Red Velvet Swirl Fudge
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Fudge with Pistachios
- Red Velvet Fudge
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- First, use non-stick spray to spray the inside of an 8 inch square pan or loaf pan. Then the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium size saucepan and cook over low heat. Make sure you stir the mixture consistently. It's done when it's melted and smooth which should only take a few minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan you set aside earlier. Use an offset spatula to spread the fudge out evenly.
- Toss the crushed peppermints over top now if serving quickly or add them later if leaving in the fridge for more than 24 hours. Crushed peppermints can soften if left in the fridge too long.
- Pop the pan in the fridge until the fudge firms up.
- Press crushed peppermints into the top before slicing.
- Slice or cut into pieces.
Thanks for visiting today!