This Cherry Cola Float recipe is a classic and delightful dessert drink that combines the flavors of cherry cola and creamy chocolate ice cream.
A cherry cola float is a classic and delightful dessert drink that combines the flavors of cherry, cola, and creamy ice cream.
The combination creates a fizzy, sweet, and creamy concoction, with the bubbly cola mixing with the smooth, cold ice cream.
I am telling you, I have zero self control most days. Especially days where I make things like this. I also don't listen to reason. Conversations like this happen:
Mini-me: Don't overfill the glass.
Me: You don't know me!
Mini-me: Mom, don't overfill the glass.
Me: You can't tell me what to do!
Mini-me: You're going to make a mess.
Me: It's like you don't even know me at all. Don't you trust me?
Oops, my bad. Apparently, mini me does know me, and should be able to tell me what to do.
- Ice Cream - I used chocolate ice cream for my floats because I love the combination of chocolate and cherries. You can easily substitute vanilla ice cream if you prefer it.
- Cola - Regular cola or cherry cola both work in this recipe. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Pepsi but use whichever cola you prefer the taste of.
- Cherry Juice - If you don't use cherry cola then use cherry juice in this recipe. If you are using cherry cola you can either omit the cherry juice of add it for extra cherry flavor.
- Whipped Cream - If you want a fabulous presentation I would add whipped cream but it's entirely optional. If I'm making these for myself I don't bother adding it. However, if I am making them for the kids I add a little whipped cream on the top.
- Cherries - You can add maraschino cherries or any kind of fresh cherry you can love if it's in season. Again, these are optional but they look great on top of the whipped cream if you're making these for kids.
- Sprinkles - Again, this looks cute and adds a little oomph and fun if you're making these for the kiddos.
How to Make Cherry Cola Floats:
- Start by filling your glasses a third of the way with cola.
- Then, add the cherry juice equally into each glass.
- Scoop the ice cream and divide it evenly into each glass.
- Next, pour the rest of the cola evenly in each glass. It will bubble up and fizz. Just enjoy the process, it's part of the fun!
- Add toppings if you like.
More Milkshake and Float Recipes:
- Chocolate Coconut Milkshakes
- Redpop Floats
- Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee Chocolate Milkshakes
- Roasted Blueberry Milkshakes
- Chocolate Hot Fudge Root Beer Floats
- Bourbon Pecan Pie Milkshakes
- Root Beer Floats
- Chocolate Affogato aka Chocolate and Coffee Ice Cream Floats
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Cherry Cola Float
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 48 ounces cola I prefer Pepsi, but you can use Coke
- 2 ounces good quality cherry juice divided
- Fill glasses about ⅓ of the way with cola.
- Add the cherry juice.
- Scoop ice cream evenly into glasses.
- Now pour the rest of the cola over top and wait for the magic to happen. It's messy so be ready for it.
- Garnish is you like, or if you're weird.
- Serve with a big old cherry float loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!