Super easy to make and perfect for blueberry season! You can substitute frozen berries when fresh are not available. Roasting just makes the flavour pop!
Welcome to Day 3 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to treat you to tons of amazing ice cream recipes. Ice Cream Week is shaping up to be the best week ever!
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Be sure to swing by all of today's Ice Cream Week Participants:
Roasted Blueberry Milkshake by Cravings of a Lunatic
Cherry Almond Chocolate Ripple Semifreddo by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Peach Pit Swirl Ice Cream by Scoop Adventures
Pumpkin Gelato with Salted Caramel Swirl by The Redhead Baker
Salted Butter Pecan Brittle Ice Cream by Cookistry
Lemon Curd Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
Pistachio-Cherry No Churn Ice Cream by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
Raspberry Ripple Buttermilk Gelato by Crumb
Chocolate Cookies 'n Cream Milkshake by Love and Confections
Lazy Leftover Fruit Salad Ice Cream by Farm Fresh Feasts
Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
Gluten Free Devil's Food Ice Cream Cake by Gluten Free Crumbley
Blueberry-Kiwi Lemonade Shake by The Spiffy Cookie
Caramel Macchiato Soft Serve Ice Cream by Wishes and Dishes
Carrot Cake Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by The Gunny Sack
White Peach Ice Cream with Bourbon Caramel by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
No Churn Low Carb Peach Ice Cream from Yours and Mine are Ours
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Roasted Blueberry Milkshake
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in a bowl, sprinkle on sugar, and toss to coat really well.
- Spread the blueberries on a cookie sheet evenly. Place in oven and roast the berries for about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the blueberries are cool, toss them in a blender with the ice cream, milk and vanilla extract. Pulse until it's combined but thick.
- Remove and pour into serving glasses.
- Serve with a big old blueberry loving smile!
If you have an adventurous spirit try these with balsamic roasted blueberries, then hit the milkshake with honey. To die for. Not even kidding. Like a grown up version of a milkshake, minus the booze, although you could totally add that if you like.
Toodles and smoochies! xx