This Roasted Blueberry Milkshake recipe is super easy to make and perfect for blueberry season! Whip up one or ten today!
Homemade blueberry milkshakes are so freaking delicious. Roasting the blueberries adds a whole other level of yumminess to this recipe.
If you have never made your own milkshakes you are really missing out. You can customize them to your tastes and use any flavour combination you can dream up.
You also have the added bonus of being able to make homemade ice cream, or buy your own favourite flavours of ice cream to use in your shake.
On top of that, you can customize the rims if you love dipping your shake glasses in fun things like candy, chocolate or caramel. If I was dipping the rim for this recipe I'd use pop rocks!
Use good quality ice cream when making milkshakes. Especially if you want a rich creamy texture.
Don't skimp on add ins. Whether you pop in fresh berries or candy, you want to go all in with top quality ingredients.
Personally, I love using milk with higher fat contents for shakes. There are a lot of foods where you can cut calories but I feel like milkshakes should be off limits. They should be thick and rich, if you ask me.
I highly recommend you run into your kitchen right this minute and whip these up. Let me know what you think of them.
More Milkshake and Float Recipes:
- Chocolate Coconut Milkshakes
- Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee Chocolate Milkshakes
- Chocolate Hot Fudge Root Beer Floats
- Extra Chocolatey Chocolate Milkshake
- Chocolate Affogato aka Chocolate and Coffee Ice Cream Floats
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Roasted Blueberry Milkshake
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place blueberries in a bowl, sprinkle on sugar, and toss to coat really well.
- Spread the blueberries on a cookie sheet evenly. Place in oven and roast the berries for about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the blueberries are cool, toss them in a blender with the ice cream, milk and vanilla extract. Pulse until it's combined but thick.
- Remove and pour into serving glasses.
- Serve with a big old blueberry loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!