These Chocolate Cashew No Bake Cheesecakes are layered with a chocolate base, chocolate and cashew filling and topped with crushed cashews.
Okay so I'll admit. I'm obsessed with tiny desserts.
Since I'm admitting things I'll also admit to being obsessed with no bake desserts, cheesecake, chocolate, and putting all of those things into shot glasses.
If there's a self help group for people who compulsively make tiny chocolate cheesecakes in tiny little shot glasses please let me know. I'm sure I can pack a tiny little suitcase to travel to the meeting.
I tend to either really love something, or really hate something. There's no in between with me. No middle ground, no grey area. I've just learned to roll with my obsessions. Why fight it.
So I openly admit to loving all those things, using them obsessively and not giving a darn who knows it.
Anyone who knows me well also knows I'm obsessed with nuts. I eat handfuls of them every day. I tend to favour pistachios and cashews above all others.
Since I adore nuts, it's a quick leap to assume I love nut milks. I know most people prefer almond milk, and I like that too, but I really dig cashew milk.
I used cashew milk in this recipe but you could easily substitute it with almond milk, soy milk or regular milk if you like.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes:
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust
- No Bake Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes
- White Chocolate Coconut Crean Pie Parfaits
- No Bake Cake in Jars
- Smoothie Cheesecake Bars
- Raspberry Fool
- Christmas Coconut Cake
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate and Cashew No Bake Cheesecakes
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Shot Glasses
- Stand Mixer
- Hand Mixer
For the base:
- 2 cups chocolate graham crumbs you can crush chocolate wafers if you cannot find crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk chocolate preferred
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup cashew milk
- ½ cup cashews chopped or crushed
For the base:
- Mix the chocolate graham crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl. Press evenly into serving dishes. I use the blunt end of a honey dripper to tamp the crumbs down.
For the filling:
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute, then check them, if they need more time check them every 15 seconds or so to make sure you don't scorch them. I like using the double boiler method for melting chocolate. You just fill a saucepan with a couple of inches of water, then place a heat proof bowl over top (do not let the bottom of the bowl actually touch the water) with the chocolate inside, and cook on low until the water melts the chocolate in the bowl. I just find it results in smoother chocolate but if you like using the microwave to melt it knock yourself out. Everyone marches to the beat of their own drum. Allow the chocolate to cool a bit.
- While the chocolate cools pop the cream cheese into a stand mixer bowl, whisk on high speed until fluffy. Gradually add the chocolate until combined.
- Now add the Creamy Cashew Silk and the confectioners sugar to the mixer, start on slow speed then gradually increase it to high. Don't freak out, this stage might make you think you ruined it but give it a few minutes to come together. Trust me, the magic will happen. This cheesecake is a bit lighter and not overly thick. If you want a thicker consistency you can add more cream cheese. We like this one lighter, it works well with cashew flavour.
- Once it's mixed completely you can spoon it into the serving dishes.
- Pop these in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours to set up. Overnight is fine too.
- Remove from fridge before the final step.
- For the garnish:
- Crush or chop some cashews in a food processor, or by hand. Toss them on top.
- Serve with a big old Silk Creamy Cashew smile.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.