Easy to make No Bake Cheesecakes layered with a chocolate base, chocolate and cashew filling and topped with crushed cashews.
Okay so I’ll admit. I’m obsessed with tiny desserts.
Since I’m admitting things I’ll also admit to being obsessed with no bake desserts, cheesecake, chocolate, and putting all of those things into shot glasses.
If there’s a self help group for people who compulsively make tiny chocolate cheesecakes in tiny little shot glasses please let me know. I’m sure I can pack a tiny little suitcase to travel to the meeting.
I tend to either really love something, or really hate something. There’s no in between with me. No middle ground, no grey area. I’ve just learned to roll with my obsessions. Why fight it.
So I openly admit to loving all those things, using them obsessively and not giving a darn who knows it.
Anyone who knows me well also knows I’m obsessed with nuts. I eat handfuls of them every day. I tend to favour pistachios and cashews above all others. So when I heard Silk was introducing a new product called Creamy Cashew I jumped on the bandwagon to try it out.
Why? Obsession. I love Silk products and use them as much as humanly possible. I love cashews and eat them as much as possible. So having the opportunity to develop a recipe with a brand new Silk product containing cashews was a dream come true.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Chocolate and Cashew No Bake Cheesecakes
For the base:
- 2 cups of chocolate graham crumbs you can crush chocolate wafers if you cannot find crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
For the base:
- Mix the chocolate graham crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl. Press evenly into serving dishes. I use the blunt end of a honey dripper to tamp the crumbs down.
For the filling:
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute, then check them, if they need more time check them every 15 seconds or so to make sure you don't scorch them. I like using the double boiler method for melting chocolate. You just fill a saucepan with a couple of inches of water, then place a heat proof bowl over top (do not let the bottom of the bowl actually touch the water) with the chocolate inside, and cook on low until the water melts the chocolate in the bowl. I just find it results in smoother chocolate but if you like using the microwave to melt it knock yourself out. Everyone marches to the beat of their own drum. Allow the chocolate to cool a bit.
- While the chocolate cools pop the cream cheese into a stand mixer bowl, whisk on high speed until fluffy. Gradually add the chocolate until combined.
- Now add the Creamy Cashew Silk and the confectioners sugar to the mixer, start on slow speed then gradually increase it to high. Don't freak out, this stage might make you think you ruined it but give it a few minutes to come together. Trust me, the magic will happen. This cheesecake is a bit lighter and not overly thick. If you want a thicker consistency you can add more cream cheese. We like this one lighter, it works well with cashew flavour.
- Once it's mixed completely you can spoon it into the serving dishes.
- Pop these in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours to set up. Overnight is fine too.
- Remove from fridge before the final step.
- For the garnish:
- Crush or chop some cashews in a food processor, or by hand. Toss them on top.
- Serve with a big old Silk Creamy Cashew smile.
Some little tidbits about the product:
- NEW Silk Creamy Cashew is ONLY available in Canada right now.
- NEW Silk Creamy Cashew is creamy and delicious, made with creamy cashews.
- NEW Silk Creamy Cashew has as much calcium as dairy milk with only 60 calories per serving, 33% less calories than skim milk.
- NEW Silk Creamy Cashew is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D.
Tune in next month when I make something savoury with this product. I’m really looking forward to sharing that with you!
In the meantime make this recipe and enjoy the heck out of it. I know we sure did!
Disclosure: I received free product and compensation for developing this recipe for Silk. Thank you for supporting the brands that support my blog. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
If you love Silk products be sure to check out these ones:
Thanks for swinging by. The Chocolate Hot Cross Buns are coming up soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.