Strawberry Banana Smoothies are the perfect way to start your day. This quick and easy recipe has only 5 ingredients but packs a flavor punch.
This post has been sponsored by Bulletproof. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
Smoothies are perfect for busy mornings. This recipe for strawberry banana smoothies is ridiculously quick and easy. A few ingredients and you have an amazing morning drink.
I'm going to admit I'm NOT a morning person. I'm more of a stay up late kinda gal. I love my late night routine because it's the only time my house is quiet enough to work.
Even though I'm a night owl, I'm still up early 95% of the time. With 2 kids, 6 pets and 2 horses sleeping in is not possible most days. So, this girl drags her butt out of bed every morning. Sometimes begrudgingly.
No matter what time I wake up I always crave fruit first. This girl LOVES fruit. Strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, oranges and everything sweet fruit on earth.
I love making smoothies because I find it easier to cope with drinking my breakfast until I'm alert enough to be trusted to use the stove. It takes me awhile to snap out of my morning fog.
Smoothies are perfect for people like me. You know, "lazy" morning people. I'll admit it. I'm not Miss Energy when I wake up. I need to warm up to the idea of tackling a new day. Slowly.
Like, tortoise slow.
Whether you make smoothies for a morning sip or for an afternoon pick-me-up, this strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for YOU.
It's quick. It's easy. It's only 5 ingredients. AND it's freaking delicious!
Make some immediately and be sure to use Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder!!
Why use collagen in smoothies and other drinks?
- BulletproofTM Collagen protein makes it easy to get the same vital amino acids found in bone broth without the time-consuming preparation. And because collagen is flavorless and blends in quickly without clumps, it’s one of the easiest ways to add a protein boost to smoothies, soups, and of course, Bulletproof® coffee.
- Collagen used to make its way into our diets through foods like bone broths, slow-cooked organ meats, kidney pies, baked beef hearts, whole crustaceans, and whole-fish soups and stews. Some people may not be getting any naturally occurring collagen protein in their diet. So adding collagen makes good sense.
- Bulletproof collagen mixes easily because of special enzymatic processing, No clumping so it mixes invisibly in your favorite smoothies. Collagen is flavorless and more heat-stable than whey so you can even mix it into your coffee.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ Kiss My Smoke
Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- 2 bananas frozen
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 3 ½ cups almond milk divided
- 2 tsp honey divided
- 1 tbsp collagen powder divided
- Blend frozen bananas, 2 cups of almond milk, 1 tsp honey and ½ tbsp collagen powder in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a measuring cup with an easy pour spout.
- Next, blend frozen strawberries, 1 ½ cups of almond milk, 1 tsp honey and ½ tbsp collagen powder in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Place glasses it a row on your counter. Pour strawberry layer first. Next, use the back side of a spoon on an angle over the cups and pour banana layer slowly over the spoon so it pours into the glass without mixing the layers.
- Serve with fresh fruit on side of glasses if desired.
- Enjoy with a big old smoothie loving smile!
You NEED to make these immediately!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE HEALTHY RECIPE BOARD!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find easy breakfast recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
I love that you added the collagen protein! SO BOMB! This is my kinda smoothie!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
This is probably my favorite smoothie flavor combos!!
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen
I have never added anything like this to my smoothies but now I can definitely see the benefit. Thanks Kim!
Sandra L Garth
I need this ASAP! A few months back I made bone broth. It was just alright and took forever to make. I like this much better.