This Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Pulled Pork recipe is perfect for game day. Pile this easy Instant Pot Pulled pork on pizza and score a touchdown for dinner!
This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
Preparations for game day begin early for this family. I'm not going to lie, this girl loves football food. Game day grub is my jam!
Being a food blogger means expectations are super high when people come over for events revolving around food. Therefore, there is definitely some pressure to go all out. Consequently, it can be intense!
As a result, I've learned that keeping things simple takes the stress out of game day. I highly recommend making simple recipes you know your guests will love.
In all honesty, I always head to Sam's Club for all my game day shopping. I can find everything I need for my playoff party needs in one store. It's one-stop shopping in one amazing store.
For this recipe, I picked up a bunch of Coca-Cola. And some Member’s Mark Take & Bake Cheese Pizzas.
Not only do I love planning my game day menu well in advance but I tend to go all out. However, for this recipe I knew I wanted to keep things simple.
Since I'm breaking in my new pressure cooker, I decided to make pulled pork to use on pizza. Using a pressure cooker shaves SO much cooking time off of things like pulled pork.
Tried and True Game Day Recipes:
- Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Pizza Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Bread
- Lasagna Dip
- Onion Strings
- Shallot Rings
Again, be sure to check out Sam’s Club Website for all of your game day essentials!
In fact, pick up some ice cold Coca Cola! Then make some pizza!
Grab your pizza and top with pulled pork and Jalapeno peppers.
After that, top with some cilantro and sprinkle some red pepper flakes over as well!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Pulled Pork
- Set "pressure cooker/IP" to saute. Add oil to pressure cooker and allow oil to get hot. Sear all sides of your pork shoulder using tongs. If it doesn't fit in one piece you can cut it into 4 smaller pieces. If you're not comfortable searing meat in your pressure cooker/IP, you can sear it in a cast iron frying pan and move it over once you're done.
- Mix all dry spices and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over all sides of the pork shoulder. Place pork shoulder in the pressure cooker/IP.
- Pour Coca-Cola in pressure cooker. Add garlic cloves. Add HALF of the bbq sauce in pressure cooker. (If you want more liquid you can add ¼ cup of chicken or vegetable broth)
- Close lid and be sure it locks. Use the meat/stew setting on your pressure cooker/IP and set time to 90 minutes. Allow pressure to release once it's done cooking.
- Remove pork shoulder and place it on a cutting board. Use 2 forks or meat claws to pull the meat apart.
- Turn pressure cooker/IP on saute. Heat up sauce left inside and add the other HALF of your bbq sauce. Heat thoroughly. (If you would like a thicker sauce add 1 teaspoon of corn starch to sauce)
- Add meat back into pressure cooker/IP. Stir until sauce coats the meat perfectly. You can leave in pressure cooker/IP on keep warm or remove and place in a bowl.
- Pulled pork can be used on pizza. Top Member's Mark Pizza with pulled pork, add sliced Jalapeno peppers and bake in oven. Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Thanks for visiting today!