These Chocolate Coffee Truffles use dark chocolate and bulletproof coffee for an elevated taste. They are little spheres of chocolate and coffee happiness. Mocha lovers unite.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bulletproof Coffee. All opinions are entirely my own. Thank you to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I'm in full swing preparing for the holiday season. Not only is Christmas looming but so is my daughter's birthday. She turns 23 this week. I know right. I'm freaking old.
When did that happen? It feels like just yesterday when I was young and hip. Now I'm old and I hop. Literally lately. I fell down the stairs in November and fractured my fibula.
Needless to say I was laid up for about 8 weeks. That's 8 long weeks of no cleaning, no cooking, no working, and NO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING. Oh my gosh folks. I'm NOT ready.
My husband has been trying to keep up with as much as possible. He's been doing dishes and running errands. Plus working 7 days a week on top of it all. I feel bad for the guy.
So when I chatted with the Bulletproof peeps about teaming up with them on a project I knew it was perfect timing. Hubs was exhausted and needed a boost. This was fate stepping in.
I'm not the coffee fiend in our household. Hubs is!!! He's a HUGE coffee fanatic. He lives and breathes coffee. It's is one true love. Not even kidding. It's his jam. In liquid form.
The timing aligned perfectly with my time off and his exhaustion. He got to try the Bulletproof coffee for a week and be productive. I got to sit and let my fibula bone heal. Winning!
Since we had extra coffee I did what I do best. I made a dessert with it. It's what I do. I'm a recipe developer. If you put any ingredient in front of me I will find a way to turn it into a recipe.
I made some kick ass dark chocolate coffee truffles. What I dig about the dark chocolate truffles is they are fairly healthy as far as desserts go. Dark chocolate has so many health benefits.
This was a marriage made in heaven. Hubs got top notch, brain-boosting coffee for a week while I got to sit on my keister and literally eat bon-bons for a week. More winning!
I'm not going to lie, we've been pretty stressed about the holidays. I usually do the bulk of the planning, decorating and shopping. So being stuck on the couch was making me crazy.
As each day got closer to the holidays we both starting worrying we would never finish everything in time. Luckily with Bulletproof fuelling hubs we got way more done than anticipated.
If you want to #ElevateTheSeason I highly recommend investing in Bulletproof coffee, Brain Octane and Ghee. You will thank me. The health benefits of Bulletproof coffee are amazing.
This stuff is freaking amazing. The brain octane oil is a thing of beauty. It helps burn fat and provides energy. It just gives your brain a "boost", improving cognitive performance. That's huge.
Be sure to get Grass-fed Ghee too. It adds fat to your coffee which people dig like crazy. I'm not going to lie, I love watching it foam up when you pop it all in the blender. I find it mesmerizing.
Hubs loved the coffee. I loved the truffles. We're not ready to run into the city to do our holiday shopping. Well, he might run but I'll be limping. Slowly. It's all good though. I'm just happy to be healed.
Things you should know about Bulletproof:
Bulletproof Coffee is low toxin, high performance & full of healthy fats to fuel your body! <- As we say in Canada....Score!
Bulletproof Coffee has a variety of products available online, and in stores! <- You can totally shop in your jammies from home!
Bulletproof Coffee Brain Octane Oil contains 16x the healthy fats of Coconut oil and improve your health and energy with regular use! <- Energy means more shopping!
Brain Octane Oil’s effects can near-always be felt instantaneously! <- It's like a superman cape. Bam, you're a superhero!
If you want more info about Bulletproof zip over to their social media and shop till you drop.
Totally worth every penny!
SITES TO CHECK OUT:
Check out the Bulletproof Website!!
Shop the Bulletproof Store!!
More Links to Peruse:
CANADIAN Website ~ USA Website
CANADIAN Facebook ~ USA Facebook
Instagram ~ Twitter
Recipe for REAL Bulletproof Coffee:
Brew 1 cup (8-12 oz.) of coffee using filtered water, just off the boil, with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. (French Press is easiest.)
Add in 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane™ to the hot coffee (It’s STRONG – start with 1 tsp. and work up over several days).
Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee
Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte!
Chocolate Coffee Truffles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Bulletproof coffee
- 8 ounces dark chocolate shaved or chopped
- ¼ cup good quality cocoa powder
- In a small heavy saucepan combine heavy cream and coffee. Cook over medium heat until the milk starts to bubble up around the outside edges. Remove from heat and let the coffee steep for about 10 to 20 minutes. Strain cream with a sieve to remove grounds. Transfer the heavy cream to a clean small heavy saucepan and heat it back up just until it starts to bubble up. You don't want it to boil or scald.
- Add the chocolate to a medium size bowl and slowly pour the warm heavy cream over top. Let the mixture sit for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking dish and place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove and use a tablespoon to scoop out small mounds. Roll each mound into a tiny ball. Set each one on a parchment lined cookie sheet. If they start to melt place them back in the freezer for a few minutes. It's easier to work with when cold.
- Place the truffles in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder to a small bowl.
- Remove truffles from the fridge and drop them into the cocoa powder, roll them around to coat all sides.
- Place in a glass storage container. Store in fridge.
- Serve with a big old chocolate and coffee loving smile!
Be sure to check out Bulletproof while you're here!
Swing by Instagram to see more about our Bulletproof adventures!
I posted some daily photos while we tried it out!
We're not big selfie people, so this is the best I could do!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE COFFEE BOARD!
Thanks for visiting. How are you elevating your holiday season? Tell me in the comments section!!