These No Bake Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake Parfaits have layers of crushed coconut macaroons, coconut cheesecake filling, toasted coconut, and coconut whipped cream. All topped off with a coconut macaroon cookie!
Long time, no post. For those who weren't aware, I took a spill down some stairs about 6 weeks ago and fractured my leg.
Needless to say, I've been off my feet for most of that time. I've spent about 4 weeks recovering and resting up.
The odd time I feel strong enough to head into the kitchen to cook, or bake, I make super quick and easy recipes.
I figure picking your battles during serious injuries is always the best approach to healing. We've ordered out a lot, I'm not going to lie.
Those rare occasions when I had a burst of energy I fell back to my love of quick and easy recipes. I've always been a fan of simple and accessible recipes.
During my recovery, those recipes were a necessity. I wanted to get in and out, quickly and painlessly.
Easy recipes are perfect for the holiday season. I would rather spend my time with my family than being stuck in the kitchen endlessly during the holidays.
Recipes like this one free up time to do other things. Things like watching Elf for the 100th time.
What I love about this recipe is it's easy to whip together super fast. During the holidays we all have friends and family who pop in without warning.
This is something you can put together in just a few minutes while your guests stare at your Christmas tree.
- Cookies - I used store bought coconut macaroon cookies for this recipe but you could use homemade coconut macaroon cookies if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese - Personally, I prefer Philadelphia cream to all other brands. Use the brick cream cheese, not the cream cheese in.a tub. The tub version is made for spreading cream cheese on foods, not for baking.
- Sugar - This recipe uses confectioners' sugar, also known as icing sugar.
- Whipped Cream - For this recipe, I used the whipped cream you buy in a can. You can totally make homemade for this if you prefer.
- Coconut - Toasted coconut is preferred for this but you can use plain coconut flakes if you like.
How to Make No Bake Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake Parfaits:
- Set 4 coconut macaroon cookies aside to garnish the top of each jar.
- Chop up the remaining coconut macaroon cookies into tiny pieces. Place two thirds of the chopped cookies inside the bottom of the mason jars. Set remaining one third of chopped cookies aside.
- Next, in a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2 cups of whipped cream. Mix until smooth. Scoop or pipe the mixture into the jars.
- Toss the remaining chopped cookies in the jars over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Then, toss half of the coconut flakes into the jars.
- Use more whipped cream for garnish the top of the jars.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut flakes over top.
- Lastly, top each jar with the cookies you set aside earlier.
How to Store No Bake Cheesecakes:
Store no bake cheesecakes in the refrigerator. Let them set up for about 30 minutes before serving.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Keep in mind the longer they sit in the fridge, the softer the cookies will become.
For the cookie that tops the cheesecake, I recommend not placing them on top until you are almost ready to serve them. That way they stay fresh and firm.
Can you Freeze No Bake Cheesecake?
Yes, no bake cheesecake can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.
Be sure to seal them tightly to keep air out.
Personally, I don't like freezing them for more than a couple of weeks if they are in jars.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes:
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- Samoa No Bake Cheesecake Parfaits
- No Bake Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes
- White Chocolate Coconut Crean Pie Parfaits
- No Bake Cake in Jars
- Smoothie Cheesecake Bars
- Last Minute OMG We Have Visitors Banana Cream Pie Parfaits
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake Parfaits
- 16 coconut macaroon cookies divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups prepared whipped cream (I used coconut flavoured) plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup toasted shredded coconut flakes divided
- Chop up 12 of coconut macaroon cookies into small pieces. Toss two-thirds of the chopped coconut macaroons in the bottom of 4 serving dishes. Set the one-third aside.
- In a mixer combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2 cups of the prepared whipped cream. Turn mixer on low, then gradually increase to high until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Scoop or pipe into serving dishes over top of the chopped macaroons.
- Toss remaining chopped coconut macaroons over top of the cream cheese filling.
- Toss half of the toasted coconut over top.
- Use more prepared whipped cream to garnish the top.
- Toss remaining half of the toasted coconut over top of the whipped cream.
- Top each parfait with one cookie.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. If making ahead of time wait to garnish with the 4 coconut macaroon cookies on top until you're ready to serve.
- Serve with a big old coconut loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes. Not only can find more no bake recipes but also tons of dessert recipes.
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Oh boy, what a joy ! Thank you for sharing and have a pleasant day !
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
These look incredible!!!
OH my goodness, you poor thing Kim! I am glad you are returning to yourself and THIS is a great dessert to make when not 100%. PS. No shame in take out!
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet
Heavens, those look amazing! And I keep seeing all those great flavors of Gay Lea's whipped cream - I want to try them ALL! And I hope your recovery is coming along well, Kim <3
Ah! I don't know what excites me more coconut whipped cream!!! Or these parfaits. LOVE!!!! Pinning!
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
I hope you'll be back to your normal feeling self soon! I know it's been rough but I'm glad you're doing quick easy recipes so you don't over do yourself. But let me tell you, this parfait is amazing!
Dude. I would put that coconut whipped cream on everything! Every. Dang. Thing. I'm with you around the holidays--any dessert recipe that gets me eating something sweet and back on the couch and watching elf with my family is a winner. I'm happy to hear that you are getting around a bit more easily now. Silly puppy!
I hope you are feeling much better! This is an amazing post, and your photos are gorgeous. I'm craving some of that limited edition whipped cream =)
Whoa!! These look so yummy! I'll h ave to keep a look out for that coconut whipped cream in the stores. It sounds amazing!
Found these via "Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party". Definitely pinned! (I also thumbs upped it on StumbleUpon). Thanks for sharing.
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
Macaroons are SO good on their own, I can only image how epic these parfaits taste! I could go for a few now!
Oh my, I think I am in heaven! I love macaroons and anything with coconut! I hope I can find that coconut whipped cream in Florida! I would love it if you would share this over at the Celebrate Your Story link party! Here is the link if you have a sec: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/celebrate-story-60/
I am pinning this one and going to try these delicious treats!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy
These photos are GORGEOUS and that Gay Lea Real Coconut Whipped Cream sounds unreal!!! <3
Christine | Mid-Life Croissant
First of all, I love this dessert! Second of all, I'm so psyched to know that coconut whipped cream comes in a can, I had no idea! Visiting from What's Cookin' Wednesday.
Loving these pretty parfaits!!
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way
I've never heard of coconut whipped cream, of course, I've never looked for it but now I will. Your parfaits look fantastic! I'm ready to dig in!!
I have never seen coconut whipped cream in our are. Could you use coolwhip and add coconut flavoring and some flake coconut. The only stores we have are Meijers and Krogers.
You could try adding coconut extract to cool whip but it could change the texture a bit. I've not tried it myself. I have added flaked coconut to it though. Often.
Our make your own whipped cream.
Here's how I make homemade coconut whipped cream:
1 cup heavy cream
2-3 teaspoons sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon coconut extract
Put you mixing bowl and whisk/beaters in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes.
Add all the ingredients to a cold mixing bowl and mix on high until peaks form.
If you use a hand mixer you would use beaters or the whisk attachment if it comes with it. Some do but some don't. If you use a stand mixer you would use the whisk attachment.
Such a yummy recipe! That coconut whipped cream is AMAZING!!
Thanks so much. I concur, coconut whipped cream is the best.
Such a lovely dessert perfect for the holidays!! This is totally irresistible! Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks so much.
They were just downright delightful! I even had little jars like your to serve them in!
I'm so happy to hear you liked them. Thanks so much.