Honeycomb Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow is an easy snack mix recipe that is perfect for game night with family and friends.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
This easy recipe for puppy chow aka muddy buddies is packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavor. It’s super quick to make and is perfect for feeding a large crowd on game night.
Some folks call this Puppy Chow. Others call it Muddy Buddies. I’ve even heard of people calling it Monkey Munch. Whatever you call it just make a GIANT batch of it because it disappears SO fast!
My family loves snacking while we host game night or movie night at our house. We all put on jammies so we’re super comfortable and then we descend on the snack options immediately.
We love stand-by snacks like chips, popcorn, and candy. Since we all love to cook and bake we always need some homemade snack options on the coffee table too.
One super simple snack is Puppy Chow. It pairs perfectly with a Nintendo party of epic proportions. Post cereal has some specially marked cereal boxes in-stores for a limited time.
Since we’re big gamers I had to grab a box. My choice was Honeycomb cereal because hubs is a huge fan. Seriously, the dude can eat a mountain of it for breakfast. He loves it.
Honeycomb is made with honey and the big pieces are as perfect for snacking as they are in your cereal bowl. Sample the big honey taste!
My son has asked for a Nintendo Switch for Christmas. I’m not going to lie, I’ll probably play it as much as the kids do. This Mom loves video games.
If you ask my kids, they will tell you they have caught me sneaking into their rooms to play their video games more times than I care to admit.
I’m super excited to try Nintendo Switch and Super Mario Odyssey. I wonder if he would mind if I opened it now and took it for a test drive before he gets it?
How can you get your hands on one? Keep reading, peeps! Details below.
You could win 1 of 500 Nintendo Switch Console + New Super Mario Odyssey Video Game Prize Pack!
You can find your code inside your cereal box and enter for your chance to win!
Giveaway promotion starts on now and ends on March 31, 2018!
Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older!
Specially Marked Post/Nintendo cereal options:
- Honey Bunches of Oats®
- Golden Crisp®
The Buzz about Nintendo Switch:
- Nintendo Switch combines the power of a home console with the mobility of a handheld. That is great news for gamers.
- The system comes packaged with the main unit, left and right Joy-Con with a Joy-Con wrist strap for each. That makes it a multi-player experience which would rock for playing Super Mario Odyssey.
Super Mario Odyssey on Nintendo Switch is available October 27, 2017. Mark your calendars…asap!
Join Mario on a 3D adventure. He has new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s wedding plans!
This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game.
Thanks to Mario’s new friend, Cappy, you can experience brand-new moves. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
Now let’s whip up some Puppy Chow even Mario would happily snack on!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Honeycomb Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow
- Pour Honeycomb cereal in a large bowl or roasting pan. Set aside.
- Combine milk chocolate chips, chocolate peanut butter spread, and butter in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute. Remove and mix with a spoon. Depending on your microwave you made need to add another 15 to 30 seconds to get the mixture completely smooth. Mine took 1 minute and 15 seconds to melt everything properly.
- Add vanilla to bowl chocolate peanut butter mixture. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate peanut butter mixture over Honeycomb cereal. Use a large spoon to stir ingredients until cereal is coated nicely. It does not need to be perfect. In fact, having some clumps is a good thing. Don't over mix this. It's better if it's a little clumpy and imperfect.
- Add confectioners sugar. Mix until combined. Again, don't over mix at this stage either. You want the confectioners sugar to coat the pieces but not every piece needs an even coating. Embrace imperfection.
- Serve with a big old Honeycomb loving smile!
More Great Snack Recipes for Game Night:
- Parmesan Popcorn
- Caramel Dipped Grapes
- Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Nutella Muddy Buddies
- Cinnamon Pecans
Tools Used for this Recipe:
- Mixing Bowls– Good mixing bowls are everything when cooking and baking.
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowls– You can buy plain ones or go crazy with patterns. Just be sure they say microwave safe on them.
- Wooden Spoon– Having good quality wooden spoons is so important when baking. You will use them endlessly.
- Serving Bowls– These are my favourite bowls. I bought mine at Costco in Canada.
- Storage Containers– I love clear storage containers. It makes it easier to see what is inside.
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE SNACK BOARD!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.