This Oreo Bark is made with only two ingredients which makes it the perfect quick and easy candy recipe for the holidays. I highly suggest double-batching this one. People go crazy for it!
I’m such a sucker for bark recipes. They are so easy to make and people go crazy for them. This version uses 2 ingredients and takes just a few minutes to make.
During the holiday season, I make copious amounts of bark for my family and friends. I love how simple it is to make yet it tastes so amazing.
My Dad was a HUGE Laura Secord fanatic. He would absolutely flip his lid for almond bark from Laura Second. Since he was hard to shop for I bought him bark every single year.
Ingredients Needed to Make Oreo Bark
- Almond Bark or White Chocolate or White Melting Wafers (any of these will work for this bark)
- Oreo Cookies
Products Used to Make Oreo Bark:
- Parchment Paper: Depending on what kind of candy I’m making I’ll often use parchment to line my pans. It works for bark but I don’t recommend using it for overly sticky candy.
- Cookie Sheet: You can also make this in a 9 x 13-inch pan if you like. I like having 2 of size pans in my cupboard. I also find it helpful to have both rimmed cookie sheets and non-rimmed cookie sheets. Each serves its own purpose.
- Microwave Safe Bowl: You can use any microwave safe bowl but I tend to prefer glass ones for making bark and most candy.
How to Make Oreo Bark
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate.
- Layer melted chocolate and Oreos.
- Toss some crushed Oreos over top.
- Place the pan in the fridge.
- Chop with a knife or snap by hand.
- Store until needed.
How to Store Oreo Bark
- Place pieces in an air tight container.
- Store container in a cool, dry place for up to a week or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also store it in the freezer for about 4 weeks.
Variations for Oreo Bark
- Flavored Oreos would work wonderfully in this recipe.
- Different kinds of cookies would be amazing in this recipe.
- Another option is to top the bark with peppermint for the holidays.
As I got older I learned to make it myself. I would make him oodles and bunches of bark every year for the holidays and his birthday. He always loved it.
I definitely inherited his love of chocolate. He loved every single kind of chocolate and every kind of food that included chocolate. His two faves were bark and ice cream.
Every holiday I think about my Dad a lot. He was such a big foodie and I loved cooking and baking for him. I really miss having him around, especially during the holidays.
If you’re a sucker for chocolate and all things bark you came to the right place. Seriously, I’ve got you covered. If you like chocolate I’ve got you covered there too.
More Great Bark Recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Pretzel Bark with Peppermint
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark
- Marble Pistachio Bark
- Marble Bark with Pistachios and Fleur de Sel
- Chocolate Bark with Coconut Chips, Pistachios and Coffee
- Coconut Bark
- Turtle Bark
- Black Forest Bark
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bark with Reese’s Pieces
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Thanks for visiting today