This Peach Salad with Peach Hazelnut Dressing is made with fresh peaches and greens. Then it's topped with a homemade peach-hazelnut dressing and some hazelnuts.
It's okay. You're on the right blog. So, I made a salad. I know, shocking right.
I had the most amazing peach salad while I was in Miami and it has me on a serious peach kick. I'd love to recreate that recipe, but for today I went with quick and easy.
However I did make my own dressing. I'm not a huge "smother a salad with dressing" kind of gal. When I do use them I prefer fruity ones. They give salad a nice burst of freshness.
For anyone who thinks making your own dressing is difficult, or time consuming, well, you're just plain wrong. Dressings and vinaigrettes are wicked easy to make and the flavour is so incredible.
Honestly, I love using fresh ingredients to make my own dressings. I save store bought dressings to marinate things in. I'm cool like that.
You should be cool like me, and pick up some peaches to make this amazing salad. Then whip up some quick and easy peach dressing.
When you sit down to dinner with the famdamnily just pretend this salad was super hard to make. Tell them you worked on this salad all the live long day.
You deserve to have someone else do the dishes, rub your feet, maybe fetch your slippers for you. You did work your butt off today making this salad, right.
I love this salad SO much. You really need to give it a try. I mean, look at it. Don't you just want to take a big bite of it.
More Healthy Recipes:
- Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls
- Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Roasted Red Pepper and Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Angel Hair Pasta
- Healthy Fish Recipes
- Teriyaki Sockeye Salmon Bowls
- Healthy Bowl Recipes
- Yogurt Parfaits
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Peach Salad with Peach-Hazelnut Dressing
For the Peach Salad:
- 4 cups mixed salad greens any kind
- 1 cup fresh peaches peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup hazelnuts chopped
For the Peach Salad:
- Rinse, dry, then toss your greens. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Cut up peaches and toss into the serving bowl over the greens.
- Toss the chopped hazelnuts in the serving bowl.
- You can leave layered, or toss the whole thing to mix it up.
For the Peach-Hazelnut Dressing:
- Place the peaches, sugar, and balsamic vinegar into a food processor with the chopping blade. Give it a few good pulses. Then turn it on and let it mix for about a minute to combine ingredients.
- Add the olive oil (slowly and you whir the food processor) then add some salt. Check the taste after shutting off the machine. Adjust as needed. You might want to add more olive oil or salt, or if you like pepper feel free to add that now.
- Now pour in the orange juice and the hazelnuts. Pulse a few times, then give it a good whir for about a minute, until everything combines beautifully.
- Transfer to a bottle or dish with a spout. I like to refrigerate mine for about an hour before serving.
- Remove from fridge.
- Pour over salad and let the peachy magic happen.
- Serve with a big old peachy keen smile!
I signed up for a local CSA on Sunday and I had my first delivery on Monday. They have TONS of local produce available.
They even have add-on's so I can get eggs, honey or preserves. During some months they offer baked goods from local restaurants too.
I thought since I am now a regular CSA gal it would be the perfect time to kick of my summer series "Farm Fresh Fridays".
Each year I post about my farm stand and farmers markets adventures with my daughter. We take our summer produce seriously and travel all over the area to scout out the best stands, and the best markets around.
We'll be doing our yearly trek to St Jacobs Ontario in August. That's an epic annual mother-daughter bonding trip. We always have a blast.
Thanks for visiting today!