This Mixed Berry Smoothie uses just 3 ingredients including frozen berries. It’s made without yogurt and is the perfect healthy recipe!
Honestly, this girl loves fruit smoothies. I’ll be completely blunt from the jump. I cannot eat, nor drink, dark greens.
The reason is I have IBD and for me, dark greens and foods like kale bother my gut. So, you will never see smoothies on my blog that contain kale.
Sorry my kale loving peeps. However, you can totally add it though. Seriously, knock yourself out. Eat your kale. Hell, eat my kale too. Eat all the kale. Kale it up. To the max.
While you go kale crazy my smoothie will be kale-free. In other words, it’s just……fruit.
I hear gasps of horror from everyone looking for all the hidden stuff. Guess what? There is no hidden stuff in this smoothie.
This smoothie is just over here going “I’m a fruit smoothie. That’s what I am. And I’m freaking owning it because fruit smoothies not pretending to be anything else rock”.
I mean, this is a judgement free zone. Like kale? Cool. Hate kale? Cool. Love fruit? Cool.
Honestly, I think people are too judgemental. Everyone is so busy telling everyone else what they should be doing. You know what? Screw that.
You do you. Again, stop worrying what other people think. Who freaking cares. The only person you have to make happy in this life is YOU!
So, drink fruit smoothies. With kale. Without kale. Cripes, add whatever you want. It’s all good.
While you’re embracing the new you that totally accepts yourself and all your kale choices in life, I’ll just be over here, sipping on a mixed berry smoothie.
With no kale. Because I own my kale free existence. Like a boss!
- Berries: First, I used frozen mixed berries for this recipe. Feel free to use whatever you like.
- Coconut Water: Secondly, I used coconut for this smoothie. If you haven’t tried it yet, coconut water is amazing. Honestly, I love using it in smoothies and fruity drinks.
- Extract: Lastly, this smoothie uses almond extract. Almond really works well with fruit so I love using it in recipes like this. Feel free to omit if you don’t have it or like it.
How to Make Mixed Berry Smoothies:
- First, place the berries, coconut water and extract in a blender. Pulse, then blend. It should only take a minute or two.
- Secondly, you can adjust the consistency of this smoothie easily. If you want it thinner then add more coconut water. And if you want it thicker add more berries.
- Lastly, pour into cute little mason jars and serve.
Side note: Don’t yell at me for the straws! The photos were taken prior to reusable straws being available. Also, we’ve always used paper straws so we can use our shredder to break them down.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Strawberry and Banana Yogurt Parfaits
- Breakfast Toast: 4 Ways
- Cantaloupe Breakfast Bowl
- Cherry Almond Smoothie
- Cookie Butter Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Easy Granola Cups with Berries
- Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- Overnight Apple Pecan Caramel Sticky Buns
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Place berries, coconut water and almond extract in your blender. Pulse, then blend until smooth. Should only take a minute or two to become smooth as silk.
- I suggest starting with 1 1/2 cups of coconut water to start, then add until you reach the consistency you like. I like my smoothies very thick.
- Enjoy with a big old mixed berry loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!