Simple to make and absolutely worth the indulgence and mess!
Welcome to day 2 of Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. It’s going to be an epic week full of frozen treats!
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing andQuarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
I wanted to share some easy recipes for ice cream that do not require an ice cream maker. I have so many ice cream recipes on the blog that use one that I thought it would be fun to do a couple that don’t.
This one is so easy to make, but I’ll warn you it’s messy like crazy. But totally worth it. Just keep some napkins handy.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 48 graham crackers
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2 L chocolate ice cream
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce
Line up 12 crackers on a serving platter, good side down.
Melt the marshmallows in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, checking often. Spread them evenly over graham crackers.
Now warm up the hot fudge sauce slightly. You want it warm but not hot or your ice cream will slide right off the sandwich. Set aside.
Cut the ice cream into squares. I buy the rectangular box, open it up and slice like I would with a watermelon. Seriously, works like a charm. Pay attention to size so the ice cream fits on the ice cream sandwich. Slide the ice cream on top of the marshmallow layer.
Quickly top with sauce, and then top each one with a graham cracker.
Serve immediately. It helps to have solid ice cream to start off with so you have time to work. Or get someone to help. This recipe requires quick work.
Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile!
Ooey, gooey, and messy. This recipe rocked my world. I had ice cream, chocolate and marshmallows all over my camera after the shoot.
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
- 1 Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine in White
- One Cake Boss Mechanical Ice Cream Scoop with Red Silicone grips
- One Cake Boss 4Pc Ice Cream Bowl Set, Icing Pattern
- One Anolon Advanced Bronze 2 Qt Covered Straining Saucepan with Pour Spout
- One Microplane Herb and Salad Chopper
- One Microplane Premium Classic Grater in White
- One WUSTHOF CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
- One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
- One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
- One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Stop by to visit all our Day 2 Ice Cream Week Participants:
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
White Russian Milkshakes by The Redhead Baker
Very Chocolate Little Malt Ice Cream by Cookistry
Kickin’ Peach Milkshake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Love and Confections
Chocolate Beet Milkshakes by Farm Fresh Feasts
Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Ice Cream by Gluten Free Crumbley
Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Apple Pie Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Chocolate Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mother Would Know
I really hope you are enjoying ice cream week as much as we are! Now continue to scroll to enter the giveaway!
If you want to follow along with #IceCreamWeek follow my Pinterest Board: Follow Kim Beaulieu | Cravings of a Lunatic’s board #IceCreamWeek on Pinterest.
Toodles and smoochies! xx