This Roasted Cherry and Pistachio Salad with Roasted Cherry Vinaigrette is super easy to make and packed with fresh cherry goodness.
There are just some combinations you fall in love with. For it's cherries and pistachios. They just happen to be two of my favourite foods so I'm so thrilled they combine so well together.
Any chance I get to make a recipe that uses this flavour combination is a great day in my book. Needless to say the day I made this cherry pistachio salad ranked high on my list of great days.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and packed with the fresh flavour of summer in Ontario. Cherry season is in full swing and I just cannot get my hands on enough of them. Today I topped a salad with them and added some pistachios to it. Then I topped it off with a roasted cherry balsamic that's will knock your socks off. Enjoy!
I knew when I signed up for weekday supper that I wanted to make what I call my Farmers Market Salad. My Farmers Market Salad varies with the season. I use what is in season locally and play around with different ideas. I knew with it being cherry season that this was the way to go. It's absolutely fabulous! You must try this!
My son is visiting from out west so life is a bit crazy right now. So I'm keeping this one short and sweet. Sweet like fresh cherries in summertime. Enjoy!
More Healthy Dinner Recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper and Italian Sausage Pasta
- Lightened Up Enchiladas
- Easy Steak and Peppers
- Pistachio Crusted Baked Cod
- Teriyaki Sockeye Salmon Bowls
- Sesame Chicken
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Roasted Cherry and Pistachio Salad with Roasted Cherry Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
For the Roasted Cherries (this will provide more than you need):
- 2 cups pitted and halved cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the Roasted Cherry Vinaigrette (this will provide more than you need):
Putting it all together:
- 2 cups mixed greens I used a spring mix
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- roasted cherries, from previous step
- roasted cherry vinaigrette, from previous step
For the Roasted Cherries:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment.
- Transfer cherries to the cookie sheet.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully and check every 5 minutes. They cook differently depending on ripeness.
- Remove and set aside or refrigerate till needed.
For the Roasted Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- In a food processor puree the cherries.
- Then add the balsamic and sugar.
- Give it a good whir.
- Add the olive oil slowly while pulsing until it thickens.
- You can add lemon juice if you like. I add it after the balsamic but before the olive oil
For the Salad:
- Mix your greens in a bowl.
- Add roasted cherries on top.
- Add chopped pistachios on top.
- Drizzle roasted cherry vinaigrette over top.
- Serve with a big old summer salad smile!
Thanks for visiting today!