This Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp is the perfect easy dessert recipe for everyday, special occasions or holidays.
This post has been sponsored by SweeTango. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I'm such a sucker for apple crisp. My Mom used to make it for all of us kids and we always went crazy for it. We could never get enough of it!
My Mom never used oats in her apple crisp. She made a sweet candy coating which still makes me weak in the knees every time I make it.
For this recipe, I wanted to make a more classic apple crisp. One I could pile tons of caramel sauce and ice cream on top of. The more the better!
I made this recipe for my friends at SweeTango. Their apples are seriously incredible. I stock up on them so I have plenty for Fall and Winter.
You can find my recipe for this Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp on the SweeTango website.
Premium apple that is loved for its crisp, juicy bite and sweet-tangy flavour that has been described as having a lively touch of citrus, honey, and spice.
SweeTango Apples are available during October & November, while supplies last:
- Loblaws, Fortinos, Zehrs in Ontario
- Costco Ontario and Quebec
- Sobeys Ontario and Atlantic region
- Walmart Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic
- Metro Ontario and Quebec
- Superstore Atlantic
Some Interesting Info About SweeTango Apples:
- Origin of SweeTango Apples: SweeTango’s distinct taste, texture, and quality stem from careful breeding, expert horticultural practices, and meticulously selected growing locations. Apple breeders at the University of Minnesota crossed the sweet Honeycrisp and the tangy Zestar! apple varieties to create SweeTango. Using a manual, painstaking process, research scientists cross-pollinated these parent apple varieties just like bees, birds, butterflies, wind, and rain do in nature. A new variety of apple to many, the first crop of SweeTango reached grocery stores nationwide in 2009.
- SweeTango is a “managed variety”. This means only select apple growers are allowed to grow the apple, using consistent methods for growing, harvest, picking and storage. This ensures a consistent premium eating experience.
- Holds the Guinness World Record for “Loudest Crunch of an Apple” (March 2016)
The bite produced a crunch that clocked in at a remarkable 79.1 decibels. For reference, a whisper is in the 30-decibel range, and normal conversation registers at about 60 decibels.
You need to make this recipe immediately! You can find the recipe for my Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp on the SweeTango website.
Follow SweeTango on Social Media:
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE DESSERT BOARD!
Thanks for visiting today!