These Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookie Stacks with Cream Cheese Frosting are a fun way to celebrate special occasions and holidays.
This post has been sponsored Kraft Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
Red velvet cream cheese cookies are layered with cream cheese frosting and stacked for a fun festive presentation. With the holidays approaching I have red velvet on my mind.
I love making red velvet desserts for the holidays. They are always a hit with family and friends. There is something about red velvet that makes holidays extra special.
This girl is a tried and true PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese fanatic. I keep it on hand all year round. During the holidays I stock extra bricks of it for all my baking needs.
You can use PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese for almost any baking project. Not only can you make cheesecake with it but you can make hundreds of other delicious recipes.
This recipe uses cream cheese in both the cookie recipe and the frosting recipe. If you're a cream cheese fanatic like me, you are going to flip your lid for these cookie stacks.
While I was recipe testing for this post I stocked up on TONS of PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese at our local grocery store. You can find it in the dairy section at most grocery stores.
The good news is they are offering a COUPON CODE to use when purchasing PHILADELPHIA® CREAM CHEESE. You get to save money while making delicious treats this holiday season. More money for buying presents!
For my baking projects, I typically use the PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Bricks. They are super convenient to use and the quality of the cream cheese is outstanding.
I love the creamy texture it lends to baking recipes. I'm not going to lie, this gal loves baking during the holidays. I bake practically every single day of the holiday season.
My family loves cookies and cake. The downside of cake is we never seem to eat all of it. So I'm always trying to come up with desserts that can give layer cake a run for its money.
These cookie stacks are similar to icebox cakes where you stack wafer cookies and whipped cream. Only these are SO much cuter and way more fun!
Each person gets their own individual dessert which is so fun during the holidays. You can dress these up with sprinkles or shaved chocolate. Whatever works for you.
I used baking chocolate for this recipe but you can use cocoa if you like. I've made them both ways and like each of them. I love chocolate in any form but milk chocolate is my fave!
Whatever you do make lots of these red velvet cream cheese cookie stacks with cream cheese frosting for the holidays. Friends and family will flip over how cute they are.
Be sure to use PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Bricks for this holiday recipe. I highly recommend you use it for all your baking needs. It's the only brand I use because I trust it implicitly.
DON'T FORGET TO USE THE COUPON CODE!!
Other great recipes using Cream Cheese:
- Coconut Cream Cookie Stacks
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- Homemade Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Cinnamon Pie Dippers
- Pink Lemonade No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookie Stacks
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar divided
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 drops red gel food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ½ cup sugar in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar and 8 ounces cream cheese in large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine ingredients using medium speed. Mix until fluffy.
- In a small bowl combine butter and chocolate. Melt in microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth and allow to cool slightly.
- Add chocolate mixture, red gel food colouring and vanilla to cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture slowly, in 2 to 3 batches. Use the mixer to combine ingredients after you add each batch of flour mixture.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 30 minutes if you want your cookies to hold their shape.
- Remove from fridge and roll into small 1 inch balls. Press down with the palm of your hand or use a fork dipped in water to press the cookies down. Place in oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In stand mixer combine confectioners sugar and 8 ounces of cream cheese and mix until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla, mix again until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag with large tip.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of cookies. Press 3 cookies into each stack.
- Serve with a big old holiday loving smile!
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY BAKING BOARD!
Thanks for visiting today!