This Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork is easy to make and always gets rave reviews. It's packed with onions, minced garlic and BBQ sauce.
I'm a sucker for a tasty slow cooker root beer pulled pork and this one delivers maximum flavour with minimal effort!
So, I'm sick as a dog, watching Say Anything as I try to finish some work. I know right, the life of a food blogger seems so glamorous.
The upside is there's usually lots of good food in the house. So, leftovers are always on hand when you're having a bad day.
We've had tons going on recently. I realize I've been posting a lot less than I normally do. So, I figured I'd fill you in a little bit of what's been happening here.
Hubs got offered a new job locally. He's been working at a great place but it's 2 hours away so for the past year he's been living there part-time, and here part-time.
Recently he got offered a job in skilled trades where he used to work. Then, in the final hours the deal fell through.
About a week after that the deal was back on. No he starts on Monday. It's been a rough couple of weeks dealing with it all.
And on top of all of that mini-me has been sick. Not easy while in University. Clearly, skipping school is not an option. She holed up in my room to study for a night since that room is quiet.
Needless to say I'm now sick, which tends to hinder the cooking passion. Hence the lack of posts.
I told you the life of a food blogger is glamorous. Luckily when we do cook we make tons of it.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork:
- Onion Strings
- Quick and Easy Garlic Fries
- Shallot Rings
- Fried Smashed Potatoes with Onions and Meyer Lemon Dressing
- Spicy Oven Fries
- Aerosmith Potatoes with Meyer Lemon and Garlic Salt
- Lemon Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- 15 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 lbs boneless pork roast
- 12 oz root beer
- 1 large sweet onion cut into large chunky pieces
- 1 cup dark brown sugar divided
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups barbecue sauce more or less, to taste
- 12 buns
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer over top.
- Toss in onion chunks, spread them around so they flavour well.
- Drop half of the brown sugar in the juice around the pork and mix it up a bit. Then take the other half and spread it all over the top of the roast.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker, cook on low setting for about 6 to 8 hours, depending on your slow cooker. You want the meat to be soft enough to pull apart or "shred"
- Once it's cooked you can take it out and set it on a cutting board. Turn off your slow cooker. Now you can cut the pork with a knife, or shred with two forks into bite sized pieces.
- Now take a large frying pan, spray it with non stick spray. Heat over medium high heat, then pop the pork in there. Add about ¼ of the juice from the slow cooker, and use a spider or strainer to scoop out as much of the onions as possible. Pop those in the frying pan too. Give it a good stir then add the sauce and minced garlic. Continue to cook it until it's nice and toasty warm.
- Scoop oodles of it onto buns.
- Serve with a big old pork lovin' smile!
Thanks for visiting today!