This Saffron Ice Cream is a simple and delicious no egg recipe ice cream recipe. The flavour of this ice cream is absolutely divine!
Oscar night is fast approaching. I plan on strapping on a ball gown and thanking everyone all night long. Seriously, I might even go thank some of the neighbours. A girl's gotta be gracious, right!
I love award shows but seriously why are there so many? Normal people don't host Mommy Award Season or Construction Worker Award Night.
It's odd how often Hollywood wants to pat themselves on the back. Aren't the bags of money enough?
Okay, so I say to the Actress of the year, if you really are grateful and mean it, then send me your bags of money to prove it. We'll see who's thankful a week later after paying off my mortgage, tuition and bills. Heck, I might even have enough left for an epic run to Sephora. A girl's gotta look good, right!
I really could care less who wins. I just want to see an actress who gets 20 million per movie trip walking up to the podium. That's why I watch.
Nothing says we're all equal like tripping. Or forgetting to thank your spouse while the music cuts you off.
These are the things I live for. A girl's gotta have goals right!
I plan on eating this ice cream in my jammies while curled up with a blankie, and eating a pound of pistachios. A girl's gotta indulge, right!
This is one of the best ice creams ever. So, the Oscar goes to the Lunatic's Saffron Ice Cream. "I'd like to thank all the folks who make this possible. Now send me bags and bags of money". A girl's gotta dream, right!
- Saffron - I used saffron threads for this ice cream recipe. Buy good quality ingredients.
- Milk - Use whole milk for this ice cream, you want the rich flavour it provides.
- Sugar - White granulated sugar works best for this recipe.
- Salt - Adding a pinch of salt enhances the sweetness of this ice cream. Do not omit.
- Heavy Cream - The high fat content is crucial to a rich and creamy ice cream
- Vanilla - I used vanilla extract for this recipe but almond would work well too.
How to Make Saffron Ice Cream:
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Toss in saffron threads and allow the milk to come to a low boil. Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and allow milk to cool. You can pop it in the fridge for a bit if needed. Strain threads from milk
- Combine milk, sugar and salt in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, mix again until mixtures thickens.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and transfer the ice cream mixture to an ice cream maker bowl. Place on ice cream machine and churn for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can eat it right away or store it in the freezer until desired.
- Remember to remove ice cream from the freezer about 5 to 10 minutes before you plan on serving it so it's easier to scoop.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sherbert in Cooky Cups
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream
- Brownie Explosion Ice Cream Sundae
- Copycat Moosetracks Ice Cream
- Vegan Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Saffron Ice Cream
- Over medium heat, bring milk to a low boil with saffron threads in it. Once it boils set it to simmer, cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Allow milk to cool off a bit. You can just transfer it to a bowl or stick in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a mixer combine the saffron infused milk, sugar, and salt. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Cover this and stick in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now transfer this liquid to your frozen ice cream maker bowl, set it on the ice cream maker stand, and turn on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can eat it right away or pop it in the freezer. Just remember to take it out 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a smile!
Thanks for visiting today!