Turtles Ice Cream for Ice Cream Sundays

Turtles Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Hi folks. Trying to breeze through this post to get it up in 8 minutes. Do I stand a chance? Probably not. Here’s hoping.

So as you read during my Turtle Bark post last year we only got one box of Turtles for Xmas. Well this year I think we scored at final tally about 6. Yup, apparently people read my blog and must have felt sympathy for me. I even got a box of limited edition Turtles. So what do you do with that many Turtles. Well first you inhale the first 5 boxes, then you get a tummy ache, can’t fit in your jeans and need an intervention. So you decide to unload them fast, now what’s the best way to bring the rest of the family to the dark side? Well ice cream of course. And mini-me crossed over with me just a few moments ago. We got home from the barn and each had a bowl. But when we realized there were no clean spoons in the house as I forgot to turn on the dishwasher well I admit it, we both ate our Turtle ice cream with forks. Yup, we’re a classy bunch here. Welcome to the dark side young mini-me. You’ll like it here.

Turtles Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Turtle Ice Cream for Ice Cream Sundays
Author:
Recipe type: Ice Cream, Dessert

• ¾ cup cocoa powder
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
  • Pinch vanilla salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 10 Turtles, cut into 6 pieces each
  1. In your stand mixer combine sugars, cocoa, salt and whole milk. Mix until sugar dissolves.
  2. Now add your heavy cream and vanilla. Mix again.
  3. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
  4. Transfer liquid to a frozen ice cream maker bowl.
  5. Turn on and mix for 15 minutes.
  6. Add turtles. Stir with a wooden spoon.
  7. You can either serve immediately or stick in the freezer until ready to eat. Just remember to take it out about 10 minutes before you wish to serve it.
  8. Serve with a smile.

Turtles Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

See those forks marks. Those are marks of desperation and slamming good ice cream.

Turtles Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic

Toodles and smoochies. xx

Comments

Turtles are one of my favorite things! I bet this ice cream is amazing!!

There may be a billion things you can add in to chocolate ice cream, but I will have to say that turtles are the way to go. This does tip the scale on the yum factor. Well done Kim!

Oh boy, that looks insanely good. Turtles were the best candy when I was growing up!

Mmmm, looks so, so delicious (and horrible for my self control!). Once again, I want an ice cream maker. Delicious!

Buttercream Blondie says:

Nice idea adding the turtles, sounds delish!

Oh, I love turtles…this ice cream would just disappear into my stomach! Fork, knife or spoon…I'd finish every bite!!

It's only 8.30am for me and I still would love to eat a giant bowl of this right now! It looks and sounds amazing but how can you really go wrong with Turtle Ice cream – delicious!

easyfoodsmith says:

This sounds incredibly delicious.

gobakeyourself says:

This ice cream looks sensational – I can just imagine ooey gooey caramel and pecans popping throughout it – I made strawberry ice cream only yesterday and you already are making me want to make ice cream again!!!

Nice one :)
    Choc Chip Uru

Jackie @ Domestic Fits says:

AHHHH! I want some. Chocolate, caramel and nuts? How can you not love Turtles?

You are pure evil Kim! Tempting me with such deliciousness. Don't you know I am trying to fit back into my jeans after christmas season of glutteny?! When I read your post about getting more turtles for Christmas this year I just knew they were going to turn up in a recipe. Smart thinking to share the calories amongst the rest of the family :)

Turles are my absolute favorite!! I will be trying this!

@Jenn- Me too! Good enough to eat with a fork. Lol!

@Tina- Thanks. It may be tipping the scale this week when I weigh in as well. *snorts*

@Carolyn- Me too. I would guess you can't eat them now. I always feel bad when I post stuff you can't eat.

@Kiri- You must get one. I got the cheaper Cuisinart one and LOVE it. It was about $75 or so. But I think they are way cheaper in the states than Canada, the land of high prices.

@Buttercream Blondie- Thanks. I swear me and mini-me made huge oinkers of ourselves last night eating it. Hopefully the guys polish it off tonight. Lol!

@Lizzy- It is so good. I felt like fat bastard from Austin Powers, get in mah bellah. Terrible. But so worth misbehaving for.

@Lynds- I know right. It's the bomb. Love Turtles.

@easyfoodsmith- Thanks.

@Choc Chip Uru- Oh strawberry is so good too. I make ice cream once a week in the winter. And about a gazillion times a week in summer. Lol!

@Jackie- Right?! I swear the whole time I oinked out them I kept singing the commercial- "Oh I like Turtles", over and over and…

@Christie- I know and I love it! I'm determined to make myself skinnier while making everyone else chubby in the process. Lol! Twisted and wrong but so much fun. *mwah hahaha*

@ConCon- Let me know what you think. I was going to add extra caramel and toffee bits but thought it might be "too much". Lol!

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar says:

Ok, before I forget to ask because I'm too busy drooling over the ice cream, I have to ask; what were the limited edition turtles? I am a complete turtle fanatic and have never heard of limited edition ones *sobs* What did I miss out on on… spill it, woman or I'll douse you in Coke.

As for the ice cream, I tihnk that the "I'm a complete turtle fanatic" covers how I feel about it. We can serve this on our wedding day. I mean, the wedding is still on, right? :-P

Crunchy Creamy Sweet says:

Kim, those look great! An excuse to get some Turtles? :)

Torviewtoronto says:

delicious looking ice cream looks wonderful

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says:

I love Turtles and I love this ice cream even more!!

I would eat that ice cream with a fork, or any other utensil! It looks delectable!

Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

Of course I remember your turtle bark! That's one special recipe that I wish to try…(sort of worry about my resolution. teehee). My kids love chocolate ice cream but don't own one, so I'll need to bookmark and try one day. I put my ice cream maker in the pantry already… =P Will have to try in a few months but will try!

Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} says:

OH-MY-GOODNESS!!! Trying to follow my cleanse here….and then this pops up on my blog reads….yikes! Looks soooo amazing!

Chic & Gorgeous Treats says:

Kim Bee.. you're an ice-cream queen!! I would really love to make ice-cream every fort-nightly if I could. Too bad my family only eats ice-cream when they crave for it and it doesn't happen often. Lovely chocolate ice-cream.. I really love a good choc or strawberry ice-cream. Yummm..

Marina {Yummy Mummy) says:

It's 10 pm and I'm watching trashy reality tv. I NEED this in my life right now :) I cannot even stand how good this looks.

You and me both, sister! My husband went out to direct our dinner guest to our home, and I scrambled to get my photos uploaded and my recipe formatted!
    I can kick myself for giving my ice cream machine to my brother in Serbia, and they don't ever use it! I could use some of your treat tonight:)

Cassie/Bake Your Day says:

I love turtle anything, especially ice cream. This looks PERFECT, Kim!

Kim – loooove this. I got an ice cream maker for Xmas and am nervous about trying it out. I've been consulting all your ice cream recipes for inspiration!

spiceblogger says:

Oh, this looks so good! I love chocolate and turtles and chocolate and …. ! LOL

thesmartcookiecook.com says:

Um…can I have a big bowl of this please? Mailing ice cream might be difficult, but you would think there would be a way with the technology we have these days! This ice cream sounds fantastic. I love turtles. It doesn't get better than this!

You positively crack me up! I LOVE It! Turtle ice-cream sounds like a dream and I'd be eating it with my fingers if the forks were dirty – it DOES look like slammin' good ice-cream!

Turtle ice cream is one of my all time favorites!

Tina (PinayInTexas) says:

That looks perfect, Kim (just like the your other ice cream)! It's cold here but you just made me crave for ice cream!

@Janet- I think they were from Costco. There is a special tin marked Limited Edition with a little snow picture with an elk walking across it. I don't think there's anything different about them other than the tin. I haven't opened that box yet. It's still all shiny and new. For now. Maybe they are only available in Canada. No clue. I have made a mental note to add this ice cream to the wedding menu. I mean we are both mental right!! Lol!

@Crunchy Cream Sweet- Thanks and you have found out my evil ways. I will make a roast with turtles if it means I get to eat some along the way. Lol!

@Torviewtoronto- Thanks so much!

@Stephanie- Thanks. Mmm…I love Turtles! That is now stuck in my head for the night.

@Kristen- Thanks! Quite honestly I'd eat it off the floor if push came to shove.

@Nami- I definitely posted this when everyone is in their get healthy mode. I like to buck tradition. It's part of my evil plot to take over the world. Lol! Hope you try it one day. Just make a 1/4 batch and have enough for one little bowl each.

@Emily Lynne- Yikeys, sorry about that. Is there a cleanse out there that lets you eat these? It's worth looking in to. Lol!

@Chic- Lol, we tend to crave it once a week in winter and practically daily in summer. Luckily the rest of the fam has super high metabolisms. Me not so much. For some reason ice cream is something I can have one bowl of and not go back again. I think the only one I had more than the first bowl of was the chocolate fudge brownie pistachio one. That about did me in. SO good!

@Marina- Lol, I can picture you there with your tiny waistline eating this over the sink for a midnight snack. I love making my own ice cream, seems healthier to me. Well, not so much with Turtles but on occasion when I do fruit ones. I like the lack of chemicals in home made.

@Lana- Haha, glad I am not the only one. I try to be organized but it's a hard concept some days. You must make your bro send it back to you. Lol!

@Cassie- Thanks, it's just so easy peasy. I swear you can throw anything in ice cream and it's a hit. Well maybe not beef but you know, most things. *giggles*

@Dara- Omg yeah. I can haul your healthy butt over to the dark side from time to time. Lol. Hit my email if you want any advice. It's so fun to make. And easy. And tastes great. I have yet to try the egg versions, they scare me a little bit. But it's on the list for the new year, soon. Tip- do not try to dry the bowl with paper towels when it's frozen. Think tongue on metal. Lol!

@spiceblogger- Lol, me too, and chocolate. Oh wait, did we say that already.

@thesmartcookiecook- You would think there must be a way. I heard people have snowballs sent to them. Dry ice perhaps. I need to find out as I want to send my sister the local honey bee ham sometime. Aren't Turtles like the best chocolate out there. Love them.

@Ann- This is one of those dishes I'd eat straight from the container, be licking the sides and everything. Hurrah to slamming ice creams. Keeps the diet industry rocking. Lol!

@Marla- It is so good. I was thrilled to have you stop by. Huge girl crush on ya! xx

Tina- Lol, it's cold here too but I just have to have my weekly fix. This one was so good.

livingthesweetlifeblog says:

You're amazing :) what a great great great ice cream. I can't wait to give it a try!!

livingthesweetlifeblog says:

What a delicious ice cream!! Turtles make my heart 3x the size – - yuuummmm. I can't wait to give this ice cream a try.

Sigh. That looks seriously good. But I think I'd still be letting out my waistband!

Jill @ MadAboutMacarons says:

8 minutes? Superwoman. And this dribbling ice cream (sorry, not the ice cream but it's me here) is wicked. Where have I been? Haven't heard of turtles so thanks for bringing me out of my shell.

Thank you so much. Let me know what you think of it.

It is wicked fattening. So I had one bowl and hubs will eat the rest. Lol!

I write like a college student on speed some days. I had to get it to mark me sunday before midnight hit and it was monday. Lol. You have never heard of turtles? Seriously woman? Jill you need to email me your address and I will send you a box of them. You will not be disappointed. I mean it girl, I have a gazillion boxes from Christmas. I'll never eat them all. Well, I might, but I shouldn't.

Magic of Spice says:

I love turtles and this ice cream is a major must! Wow!

Thank you so much! Turtles are so yummy!

Ruth Reynoso-Sance says:

I love turtles and ice cream! I'm seriously thinking about buying an ice cream maker now (your fault!) yummy :-D

Lol come to the dark side Ruth. You'll like it here.

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar says:

Woohoo!!! I made the list, I made the list I made the list!!! Ahem… I mean *she says as she tries to look all dignified and stuff*… I made the list, I made the list, I made the list!!!

Turtles?! Another yummy thing we don't have. Seriously, what is wrong in Australia?! That ice cream looks delish. I am going to make it.

Hi Kim!
    Nice website. Really nice.

This ice cream is insane …… but then I guess that goes with the asylum theme. LOL!

Just a note to Kiri .. if you have a kitchen aid look into their ice cream attachment. It works a treat and no extra big appliance to find a place for.

Have a great day Kim!

1. [...] ok, I will. I also love Kim for her unabashed Turtle obsession. Case in point: Turtle Popcorn, Turtle Ice Cream and even Turtle Apples! Besides the incredible sweets and treats, Kim can do healthy too. Check out [...]

2. [...] Turtles Ice Cream by Cravings of a Lunatic [...]

3. […] much I adore all things Turtle. My list of turtle recipes is lengthy. I’ve made Turtle Bark, Turtle Ice Cream, Turtle Banana Splits, Turtle Ice Cream Pie, Turtle Popcorn, Turtle Popcorn Gone Wild, No Bake […]

4. […] caramel and turned them into the most AMAZING delicacies from cheesecake to popcorn to cookies to ice cream to truffles to of all things,  apples!  She is also one of my blogging besties.  I simply adore […]

5. […] year from hubs and B. You  may have read about my Turtle Bark. You also may have read about my Turtle ice cream and the fact that we ended up with a gazillion boxes of it this Christmas. I am sure it had nothing […]