Just a quick recipe before I run off to the barn. We had quite a storm today so we are running out later than normal. I did enjoy the rain though. I laid on the couch and watched Supernatural. Hubs came in and asked what we were having for lunch. I may have muttered “a Sam and Dean sandwich” but I’m not sure. I was in a cute boy coma. What I utter during those moments is out of my control. It cannot be helped.
So this is a great way to spice up a Meatless Monday. You can do this with lots of recipes but today’s star is cauliflower. I love this stuff. Let me just say when you roast it the flavour just pops off the charts. It’s almost as a good as a DeanSamWich.
You just need a few ingredients, a hot oven and a cookie sheet. Easy, peasy, supernatural squeezy!
- ½ head (about 4 cups) of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons basil infused olive oil (regular olive is fine)
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut up your cauliflower into pieces.
- In a large bowl mix your cauliflower, oil and salt until well combined.
- Transfer onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn cauliflower over and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Serve with a big old healthy smile!
So easy to make. So yummy to eat. There’s just something about roasted veggies that makes a gal happy. Not Sam and Dean happy but pretty darn close.
Keep it simple. Some dishes are best kept classic, letting the main ingredient take center stage. As it should be. This is definitely one of those dishes.
Now is that a classic or is that a classic. I mean it’s no DeanSamWich but it’s a close second. Now get in your kitchen and whip this up. Or lay on the couch and watch cute boys. Whatevs!
Toodles and smoochies! xx