Roasted Cauliflower for Meatless Monday

Hi folks!

Just a quick recipe before I run off to the barn. We had quite a storm today so we are running out later than normal. I did enjoy the rain though. I laid on the couch and watched Supernatural. Hubs came in and asked what we were having for lunch. I may have muttered “a Sam and Dean sandwich” but I’m not sure. I was in a cute boy coma. What I utter during those moments is out of my control. It cannot be helped.

So this is a great way to spice up a Meatless Monday. You can do this with lots of recipes but today’s star is cauliflower. I love this stuff. Let me just say when you roast it the flavour just pops off the charts. It’s almost as a good as a DeanSamWich.

You just need a few ingredients, a hot oven and a cookie sheet. Easy, peasy, supernatural squeezy!

4.9 from 7 reviews
Roasted Cauliflower
Author:
Recipe type: Side Dish, Vegetables
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4

Simple and easy way to make a delicious side dish.
  • ½ head (about 4 cups) of cauliflower, cut into pieces
  • 4 tablespoons basil infused olive oil (regular olive is fine)
  • Himalayan Salt to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Line a cookie sheet or pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. Cut up your cauliflower into pieces.
  4. In a large bowl mix your cauliflower, oil and salt until well combined.
  5. Transfer onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
  6. Place in your preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
  7. Turn cauliflower over and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
  8. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
  9. Serve with a big old healthy smile!
You can switch out the oil to regular olive oil. You can use any other oil you like the flavour of. You can add pepper if you like. I am not a fan of pepper so you don't see it much on the blog.

So easy to make. So yummy to eat. There’s just something about roasted veggies that makes a gal happy. Not Sam and Dean happy but pretty darn close.

Keep it simple. Some dishes are best kept classic, letting the main ingredient take center stage. As it should be. This is definitely one of those dishes.

Now is that a classic or is that a classic. I mean it’s no DeanSamWich but it’s a close second. Now get in your kitchen and whip this up. Or lay on the couch and watch cute boys. Whatevs!

Comments

A vegetable? For a minute there, I thought I’d wandered away from the asylum… Great post!

Love the basil infused olive oil on the cauliflower. I need to try this one!

Roasted cauliflower is one of the first veggies my boys would eat. They love it! I add in a whole bunch of garlic for good measure :)

• 6
      Kim Bee says:

It’s so good. Almost like candy with the browning. I love garlic on it too. Garlic is like heaven, I put it on everything. Except chocolate. Cuz that would be wrong.

Kim, yum! This is one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower, other than raw dipped in blue cheese dressing.

I’m all for laying on the couch and watching cute boys!!

Mmm, I love cauliflower every which way! Same goes for cute boys ;)

oh my gosh….look at that beautiful golden, crusty, crunchy cauliflower! This is just as good as candy to me! : )

Very simple and healthy recipe,I love that infused basil olive oil on this :)

This is probably the tastiest way to prepare cauliflower in my book. In fact it is the only way I will eat it. It looks so toasty-yum! Also, I am wondering what big array of spices you have-himalayan salt??

• 18
      Kim Bee says:

I am totally with you on that. It is so yummy this way. I always forget how many spices I have because my spice cabinet is deep and things get lost. Himalayan salt is so good. I initially bought it due to it being pink, then I got hooked.

Kim, what a wonderful post, and photos are truly beautiful!Love the cauliflower!Have a great week honey!

I truly thinking cauliflower tastes best roasted…love your brown yours are!

Roasted cauliflower is a staple around here with olive oil and a bit of grated Parmesan. Delicious…in a non chocolate, turtle, ice cream sort of way. :)

• 24
      Kim Bee says:

I’ve never tried mine with parmesan. Sounds yummy. I cracked up at your last sentence. I mean fall on the floor, wake the family kind of laugh.

very nice kim. nice to see a vegetable get so much of your generous attention! This is by far the best way to enjoy cauliflower – my favs anyway.

• 26
      Kim Bee says:

Thanks so much Trish. I love it done this way. Just something about it that makes it seem like your being bad when you’re not. Clearly I have issues.

Definitely one for me to try! It looks like a great alternative way for me to cook cauliflower.

Looks great, Kim. I love roasted brussel sprouts and a handful of other roasted style veggies so I’ll definitely have to give this a try.

I love roasted veggies.

My brother recommended Supernatural and so I gave it a try. Couldn’t handle it. I have trouble with movies about demons and the like. It’s total nightmares when my eyes shut territory. I’ll stick with Eureka.

I love roasted cauliflower. You need to invite me to dinner (and to ride horses).

• 34
      Kim Bee says:

Are there demons in it? I never noticed. I just watch for the eye candy. *wicked laugh*

Okay that’s a lie. I love campy demony shows. I was a huge Buffy and Angel fan. Although Joss Whedon is way funnier than the people who do Supernatural. But it’s a close 2nd. I’ve not seen Eureka, keep meaning to check it out.

It is so good. Like candy, and we all know I love me some candy. You are welcome any time my dear. Our horsey is just a wee little arabian horse but she’s so cute and just a tad feisty. Not sure where she gets that from. *snorts*

I finally got the hubby to eat cauliflower by roasting it…and I love the idea of using an infused oil. You are just so darn smart, my friend…yummy idea!

• 36
      Kim Bee says:

There`s something about roasting it that makes it taste like candy I swear. It`s just so darn good. I am in love with infused oils. I have a whole shelf filled with oils and vinegars. It`s sad really. Some I never open cuz they are weird flavours and I`m thinking wth am I going to do with this. Lol.

And thank you. I put my thinking cap on once in awhile.

Makes me want to grab through the screen and grab some!! Wow… stunning roasted cauliflower. :)

Ooh, Himalayan salt, nice touch!

Ohh I just love roasted cauliflower, this looks delicious! :)

Roasted cauliflower is one of my vege weaknesses and you have nailed it on the head – craving big time :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Cauliflower is one of those things I don’t know how to make. My parents don’t like the stuff so i never had it and therefore never made it. My husband likes it though. I could surprise him with a dish of this.

This sounds so stupidly simple, yet it looks so good! I love how beautifully caramelized that cauliflower is.

Debra Kapellakis says:

mmmmmmmmmmm…

Roasted cauliflower is one of the few veggies I can get my 3yr old to eat without a fuss. One of my favorites!!!

I adore roasted cauliflower!! Looks fab.

Oh how I love Supernatural!!! Right now I am watching Alias on netflix again, gosh I loved this show when it was on! Oh and I love love roasted cauliflower, such a fun easy side dish:-) Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Terra

1. [...] garlic you can view the tinfoil method or the dutch oven method.  It’s super easy.  Roast your cauliflower in advance as well.  That will save time.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Take your roasted [...]