Roasted Cauliflower for Meatless Monday

Hi folks!

Just a quick recipe before I run off to the barn. We had quite a storm today so we are running out later than normal. I did enjoy the rain though. I laid on the couch and watched Supernatural. Hubs came in and asked what we were having for lunch. I may have muttered “a Sam and Dean sandwich” but I’m not sure. I was in a cute boy coma. What I utter during those moments is out of my control. It cannot be helped.

So this is a great way to spice up a Meatless Monday. You can do this with lots of recipes but today’s star is cauliflower. I love this stuff. Let me just say when you roast it the flavour just pops off the charts. It’s almost as a good as a DeanSamWich.

You just need a few ingredients, a hot oven and a cookie sheet. Easy, peasy, supernatural squeezy!

Roasted Cauliflower

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Simple and easy way to make a delicious side dish.
Author:
Recipe type: Side Dish, Vegetables
Serves: 4
  • ½ head (about 4 cups) of cauliflower, cut into pieces
  • 4 tablespoons basil infused olive oil (regular olive is fine)
  • Himalayan Salt to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Line a cookie sheet or pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  3. Cut up your cauliflower into pieces.
  4. In a large bowl mix your cauliflower, oil and salt until well combined.
  5. Transfer onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
  6. Place in your preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
  7. Turn cauliflower over and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
  8. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
  9. Serve with a big old healthy smile!
You can switch out the oil to regular olive oil. You can use any other oil you like the flavour of. You can add pepper if you like. I am not a fan of pepper so you don't see it much on the blog.

So easy to make. So yummy to eat. There’s just something about roasted veggies that makes a gal happy. Not Sam and Dean happy but pretty darn close.

Keep it simple. Some dishes are best kept classic, letting the main ingredient take center stage. As it should be. This is definitely one of those dishes.

Now is that a classic or is that a classic. I mean it’s no DeanSamWich but it’s a close second. Now get in your kitchen and whip this up. Or lay on the couch and watch cute boys. Whatevs!

Comments

• Kim Bee says

It’s so good. Almost like candy with the browning. I love garlic on it too. Garlic is like heaven, I put it on everything. Except chocolate. Cuz that would be wrong.

This is probably the tastiest way to prepare cauliflower in my book. In fact it is the only way I will eat it. It looks so toasty-yum! Also, I am wondering what big array of spices you have-himalayan salt??

• Kim Bee says

I am totally with you on that. It is so yummy this way. I always forget how many spices I have because my spice cabinet is deep and things get lost. Himalayan salt is so good. I initially bought it due to it being pink, then I got hooked.

• Kim Bee says

I’ve never tried mine with parmesan. Sounds yummy. I cracked up at your last sentence. I mean fall on the floor, wake the family kind of laugh.

very nice kim. nice to see a vegetable get so much of your generous attention! This is by far the best way to enjoy cauliflower – my favs anyway.

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Trish. I love it done this way. Just something about it that makes it seem like your being bad when you’re not. Clearly I have issues.

• Kim Bee says

Are there demons in it? I never noticed. I just watch for the eye candy. *wicked laugh*

Okay that’s a lie. I love campy demony shows. I was a huge Buffy and Angel fan. Although Joss Whedon is way funnier than the people who do Supernatural. But it’s a close 2nd. I’ve not seen Eureka, keep meaning to check it out.

It is so good. Like candy, and we all know I love me some candy. You are welcome any time my dear. Our horsey is just a wee little arabian horse but she’s so cute and just a tad feisty. Not sure where she gets that from. *snorts*

I finally got the hubby to eat cauliflower by roasting it…and I love the idea of using an infused oil. You are just so darn smart, my friend…yummy idea!

• Kim Bee says

There`s something about roasting it that makes it taste like candy I swear. It`s just so darn good. I am in love with infused oils. I have a whole shelf filled with oils and vinegars. It`s sad really. Some I never open cuz they are weird flavours and I`m thinking wth am I going to do with this. Lol.

And thank you. I put my thinking cap on once in awhile.

Cauliflower is one of those things I don’t know how to make. My parents don’t like the stuff so i never had it and therefore never made it. My husband likes it though. I could surprise him with a dish of this.

Oh how I love Supernatural!!! Right now I am watching Alias on netflix again, gosh I loved this show when it was on! Oh and I love love roasted cauliflower, such a fun easy side dish:-) Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Terra