Roasted Cauliflower is one of the easiest side dish recipes to make. The perk is it's also incredibly tasty. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the cauliflower.
Post last updated on April 4, 2018 with new images. Random ramblings remain from the original post.
Just a quick recipe before I run off to the barn. We had quite a storm today so we are running out later than normal.
I did enjoy the rain though. I laid on the couch and watched Supernatural.
Hubs came in and asked what we were having for lunch. I may have muttered "a Sam and Dean sandwich" but I'm not sure.
I was in a cute boy coma. What I utter during those moments is out of my control. It cannot be helped.
So this is a great way to spice up a Meatless Monday. You can do this with lots of recipes but today's star is cauliflower.
I love this stuff. Let me just say when you roast it the flavour just pops off the charts. It's almost as a good as a Dean SamWich.
You just need a few ingredients, a hot oven and a cookie sheet. Easy, peasy, supernatural squeezy!
So easy to make, so yummy to eat. There's just something about roasted veggies that makes a gal happy. Not Sam and Dean happy but pretty darn close.
Keep it simple. Some dishes are best kept classic, letting the main ingredient take center stage. As it should be. This is definitely one of those dishes.
Is this a classic or is this a classic? I mean it's no DeanSamWich but it's a close second.
Now get into your kitchen and whip this up. Or lay on the couch and watch cute boys. Whatevs!
Tips for roasted cauliflower:
- Pick good quality vegetables. Avoid over-ripe veggies.
- Preheat your oven so it's wicked hot. 450 degrees F is my favourite temperature for roasting vegetables.
- Use a good quality heavy pan. I love cookie sheets for roasting my veggies.
- Line your pan with parchment paper or foil. Helps with clean up and caramelization.
- Use good quality oil. Don't skimp on oil. Olive oil works really well for roasting any vegetable.
- Add spices! You can add everything from basil to paprika. Be creative and think about the flavour profile.
- Toss some heads of garlic on the pan when your roast vegetables. Having roasted garlic on hand at all times is life changing!
Other great vegetable recipes!
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Bacon
- Skillet Asparagus with Lime Butter
- Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots
- Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, Garlic and Shallot Butter
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut your cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, olive oil, dried basil and salt. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Place cookie sheet in your preheated oven. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan and flip cauliflower over, place cookie sheet back in the oven and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. Cauliflower is done when it's golden brown and tender.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a bowl or platter.
- Serve with a big old healthy smile!
Thanks for visiting today!