Slow Cooker Pizza Sauce. This pizza sauce recipe is simmered in your slow cooker for a rich, smooth taste. It is so easy to make and freezes beautifully.
This is a great way to make really good, full flavoured pizza sauce in your slow cooker. It’s a fabulous homemade pizza sauce that will become a family favourite.
Post last updated with new images on Monday, April 2, 2018.
Hope everyone is enjoying their *cough* Saturday. I love *cough* Saturdays. I mean don’t you just love *cough* weekends.
I find them so relaxing. Luckily I was all prepared and had this post ready for *cough* Saturday. I mean I am nothing if not *cough* organized.
Okay, okay so it isn’t officially Saturday but I’ll make it up for it with this yummy sauce. I hope I’m forgiven.
Okay so confession time. I usually buy my pizza sauce. Not always but often. I suppose I just figure all the other work I put in making the dough, cutting up all the ingredients, shredding oodles of cheese should be enough.
Every now and then I cave and make it from scratch. I like mine super sweet though so feel free to adjust the sugar. I won’t be offended.
I mean after all it is *cough* Saturday so I’m all chill and stuff.
We’re calling this one “Sweetums Pizza Sauce” around our household!
My sister will be laughing now as that’s one of her nicknames for me! The sweetums part, not pizza sauce because that would be weird!
Tips for Making Homemade Pizza Sauce:
- Use good quality tomatoes!
- Don’t skimp on tomato paste. Buy the good stuff!
- Use fresh herbs if possible. It’s not where I live during winter months!
- If using dried herbs be sure to rub them between your fingers before adding them to the sauce. It releases oils and makes them more fragrant.
- Start with smaller amounts of herbs and spices. Taste as you go so you can adjust the spice to your own liking!
- Freeze what you don’t use immediately. This sauce freezes beautifully!
Other Fabulous Pizza Recipes:
- Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
- Pizza with Arugula, Peaches and Hazelnuts
- Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
- Candied Bacon and Candied Tomato Pizza
- Bacon Pizza Bites
- Antipasto Pizza
- Panzerotti aka Deep Fried Pizza
- Cherry Cobbler Pizza aka Dessert Pizza
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Slow Cooker Pizza Sauce
- Toss everything in your slow cooker and turn on low.
- Cook for about 6 to 8 hours. Stir occasionally.
- If you find it getting too thick just add a little water and stir it in.
- Once it’s done remove your bay leaves and you’re good to load this on some pizza.
- You can store it in the fridge for a few days.
- You can store it in the freezer for a couple of months. Freezes nicely.
Thanks for visiting today!