This may be the easiest fudge I’ve ever made. Peanut Butter Fudge cooked in the microwave, then topped with chocolate and mini peanut butter cups.
This recipe is perfect for any beginner cook. The bonus perk of this Peanut Butter Fudge is you won’t heat up your house during the summer while making this. Decadent yet easy to make. That’s my kind of fudge!
There’s nothing better than fudge, it reminds me so much of my childhood. I love that sugary punch it delivers in such a small bite. Peanut butter fudge is seriously decadent. I really don’t think you can beat peanut butter fudge. Well, unless you top it with melted chocolate and tons of pieces of mini peanut butter cups. Now that my friends is packing a punch that will keep your sugar cravings quelled for hours. Or like 5 minutes till you grab another piece.
The thing about most fudge recipes is they are wicked hard to make, or they are step heavy, or they are just plain temperamental. Most people get intimidated by fudge. However this fudge, well, this one should inspire no fear. It’s made in the microwave. Every step of it. It is the easiest fudge I’ve ever made in my life. It’s a thing of beauty.
I usually make my peanut fudge on the stove top but with the temperature sky rocketing here, and my a/c barely keeping up with it, I knew I needed another solution. One that did not require me to turn on the oven or stove top. I happened upon Alton Brown’s recipe for microwave fudge and since I find his recipes intriguing I knew I had to test this out. It does not disappoint.
Since this fudge has a special purpose I had to up the wow factor a bit. Plain peanut butter fudge was not going to cut it today. So I decided to drizzle some really good quality chocolate over top of the fudge. Then I chopped up mini peanut butter cups and tossed those on top. Sheer perfection if you ask me. In a tiny little sugar package.
This recipe does not disappoint. It’s super easy to make. It’s absolutely d
If you’re thinking to yourself “wow I’d really love some of this decadent Peanut Butter Fudge topped with Chocolate and Mini Peanut Butter Cups”, well, you’re in luck. This fudge is super easy to make. Plus it’s wicked quick too. Seriously, it’s the easiest fudge you’ll ever make.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- For the fudge:
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup good quality chocolate, melted
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and stir, place back in microwave and cook for about another minute depending on your microwave. It gets super hot so handle with care. If you're microwave is not powerful you may need to go an additional minute.
- Place on counter, whisk the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, then the powdered sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together and loses it gloss.
- Transfer to a parchment lined 8 by 8 inch pan. Make sure you leave some parchment hanging over the edges so you can pull it down to cover the fudge while it sets, and also it makes it easier to remove to cut.
- Smooth the fudge inside the pan. Fold over the parchment so the fudge is covered and not exposed to air. Pop in the fridge till it sets up. Takes a couple of hours.
- Remove from fridge and set on counter in pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments until it's melted and smooth. Spoon evenly over fudge.
- Toss the chopped up pieces of peanut butter cups over top on the warm chocolate so they stick.
- Pop back in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter smile!
You must make this. Now. Hurry. It’s going to take a few minutes then it’s pure bliss!
Toodles and smoochies! xx