These chocolate caramel pecan candies are very similar to Turtles. They are super easy to make and always a hit for the holidays!
If you love turtles chocolates you are going to love these chocolate caramel pecan candies!
They are made with toasted pecans, caramels, and two kinds of chocolates. Honestly, they are very similar to Turtles only they use white chocolate as well as milk!
I’m so obsessed with Turtles. My family knows to get them for me for every holiday.
Why do I love Turtles Candies? If you have to ask me that then you’ve never had one.
They are perfect little candy bites! They have layers of chocolate, caramel and pecans in every single bite.
Not only are they delicious but they are really easy to make. That’s a win in my book.
I highly recommend making them this holiday season. They are a welcome addition to cookie platters.
- Pecans – Use pecan halves for this recipe.
- Caramels – I used Werther’s Originals but you can use any kind of caramel.
- Chocolate – These candies use both white chocolate and milk chocolate. You can use bars or chips.
How to Make Chocolate Caramel Pecan Candies aka Turtles:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you want to toast the pecans then arrange them on the cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow them to cool.
- Arrange the pecans into 16 clusters on the pan.
- Place a caramel on top of each cluster.
- Then, place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 2 to 3 minutes. You want the caramel to soften and melt slightly but not a flattened mess.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow the candies to cool a bit.
- Melt the chocolate separately in double boilers or in bowls in the microwave. Stir until each is smooth.
- Next, drizzle the white chocolate over the candies.
- Then, drizzle the milk chocolate over the candies.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven to help set up the chocolates.
Other Great Turtles Recipes:
- Ice Cream
- Hand Pies
- Tailgate Mix
- Turtle Apples
- Popcorn Gone Wild
- French Toast
- Turtle Popcorn
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange pecans on cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. I always say the nuts are done when you can smell them.
- Allow pecan to cool. Then arrange them into 16 clusters on the pan. I find keeping them all flat works better, if you try to stack they just shift when moving the cookie sheet.
- Place a caramel on top of each cluster of pecans.
- Pop the cookie sheet in the oven, bake for about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch closely as you want the caramel to melt but not so much that it spreads too much. You want it to melt just enough to soften but not become a flat mess. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate. I like doing mine with the double boiler method. I place a saucepan of water on the stove, warm over medium heat, place a heat proof bowl over top with the chocolate inside and melt until smooth. Spoon the melted white chocolate over top of the clusters. I like keeping it in the middle so you see the caramel and pecans sticking out from underneath. Allow to cool.
- With the same double boiler method melt the milk chocolate. Then drizzle that over top of the clusters.
- Pop them in the fridge until they set.
- Serve with a big old "Mmm, I love Turtles" smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.