Toasted pecans topped with melted caramels, then layered with two kinds of chocolates. Very similar to Turtles only they use white chocolate as well as milk!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Huawei Mobile Devices USA. More details at the bottom of this post.
There are two things in the world I love the most. Well, maybe three, but for the purposes of this post we’ll focus on two of them. I love Turtles Candies and I love electronics.
Why do I love Turtles Candies? If you have to ask me that you’ve never had one. They are perfect little candy bites! They have layers of chocolate, caramel and pecans in every single bite.
Why do I love electronics? I’m a nerd at heart, plus I have two older hooligans so we keep in touch through devices. Lots of texts, quick photos, grocery lists, and cat videos make their way through the interwebs from device to device.
So when Huawei asked me to take a peek at their Ascend Mate 2 I was happy to oblige. I also knew exactly what recipe would accompany my thoughts on their device. It had to be Turtles. Nothing else, besides my love of Pepsi, compares to my love of Turtles, and electronics. So the dots just connected easily for me.
The Huawei Ascend Mate 2 is a very cool smartphone. When I first received it I was taken back by the size. I think I pictured it being a small cellphone, it’s more like a cross between a cell phone and tablet in terms of size. The bigger phones are all the rage right now.
It’s wicked easy to use. They sent me a sim card so I could play around to my heart’s content. The battery life on this phone is incredible. It lasts forever. Which for a forgetful gal like me is completely awesome.
This phone would be a perfect fit for busy parents, food bloggers (the camera kicks butt) and hooligans who dig fabulous toys. You will love how big the screen is on this thing. I’m old so it meant not having to grab my glasses every time I wanted to look up something. It’s the little things in life right.
And while we focus on appreciating the little things in life, let’s all make Turtles together. Or you can make some for me. I’m all worn out from playing around with my snazzy new phone.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 heaping cup of pecans
- 16 chewy caramels (I used Werther's Original)
- 1 cup white chocolate
- ¼ cup of milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange pecans on cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. I always say the nuts are done when you can smell them.
- Allow pecan to cool. Then arrange them into 16 clusters on the pan. I find keeping them all flat works better, if you try to stack they just shift when moving the cookie sheet.
- Place a caramel on top of each cluster of pecans.
- Pop the cookie sheet in the oven, bake for about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch closely as you want the caramel to melt but not so much that it spreads too much. You want it to melt just enough to soften but not become a flat mess. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate. I like doing mine with the double boiler method. I place a saucepan of water on the stove, warm over medium heat, place a heat proof bowl over top with the chocolate inside and melt until smooth. Spoon the melted white chocolate over top of the clusters. I like keeping it in the middle so you see the caramel and pecans sticking out from underneath. Allow to cool.
- With the same double boiler method melt the milk chocolate. Then drizzle that over top of the clusters.
- Pop them in the fridge until they set.
- Serve with a big old "Mmm, I love Turtles" smile!
Other Great Turtles Recipes:
Chunky Turtle Ice Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Hand Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Tailgate Mix from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Apples from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Popcorn Gone Wild from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle French Toast from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Waffles from Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Popcorn from Cravings of a Lunatic
You can see why I dig these little candies. I mean it’s all the best things in the world rolled into one little bite. It is sheer perfection.
I find the pursuit of perfection also applies to cell phones. They are constantly evolving, always being improved upon. Not only the features but the bonus perks of a cell phone. Things like cameras. As a food blogger I am constantly whipping out my phone in public to snap photos of food, or products that catch my eye. So a fabulous camera phone is a must in my world. This one fits the bill.
This phone takes stellar photos and stood up to the abuse I gave it. By the end of my testing time this bad boy was covered in food, been dropped multiple times, and had lots of exposure to heat and steam in my kitchen. It withstood it all. So two thumbs up from this blogger.
If you happen to be scoping out a new cell phone for any family member I can totally recommend this one. If you happen to be looking for a great turtles recipe I can also highly recommend this recipe. It’s a match made in heaven. Foodie heaven. Where everything is covered in chocolate and we all take pictures of everything we eat.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
Unlock the possibilities with Huawei. With the largest screen, and longest battery life, where will you go with Huawei. Visit GetHuawei.com to learn more and unlock your possibilities!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Huawei Device USA. That means I was compensated for this post, and provided with 1 device to test out. The opinions, photos, and text are my own.