This Bark is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Layered with pretzels, two kinds of chocolate, then topped with broken pieces of peppermint.
I love bark. I think by now you realize it’s gone well past like, and perhaps entered into obsession. It’s okay. I’m cool with bark stalker status.
I made some Chocolate Peppermint Bark recently and people seem to be digging it. When I was making that one I was also making this one. Because making one kind of bark is for sissies.
Once I bit into the original it occurred to me adding pretzels would really amp it up. That salty flavour of the pretzels mixed with the sweetness of the chocolate and peppermint, it is perfection.
So I pulled out a second cookie sheet and went to town with more chocolate. Any day where I can use 5 pounds of chocolate in a bunch of recipes is a good day in my book.
I’m a really messy cook and when I was pouring the chocolate I managed to splash it over every single inch of my mixer. My bad!
Needless to say it took me an hour to clean my mixer. I really need to be more careful when drizzling chocolate. But it’s just so much fun, and sometimes you just have to roll with things, right.
Rolling with things should be the way people handle the holiday season. No point in getting all worked up over things. Just enjoy the little things and don’t sweat the small stuff.
This bark will help you chill out this holiday season. You should probably hurry your little butt up to make this bark. Then chill. And eat it all up right quick. Then make more. While chilling.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1½ cups mini pretzels
- 8 ounces of milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces of white chocolate
- ¼ cup broken pepppermints
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Fill two saucepans about ⅓ of the way full with water. Pop them on the stove and bring to a boil, lower the temperature a bit so it's a low boil. Place a heat safe glass bowl over top of each saucepan. Be sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the top of the water.
- Place one kind of chocolate in each of the two bowls. Keep the water hot so the chocolate can melt. This double boiler method is my favourite way to melt chocolate.
- Lay a single layer of pretzels on the cookie sheet. I lay mine out so they touch. Keep cookie sheet nearby.
- Once each chocolate is smooth you can spoon them alternately over top of the pretzels on the cookie sheet. Continue to spoon over top until all the chocolate is gone. Now take a butter knife and drag it slowly though the colours to create the marble effect. Make sure you stay on the surface so you are not moving the pretzels about. I go in one direction, then the other until I get the effect I want.
- Toss the peppermints over top. I love having some broken pieces, and some larger pieces. It just makes for fun bites.
- Pop the bark in the fridge for an hour or two to allow it to set up. Snap the pieces by hand, or cut with a knife.
- Serve with a big old pretzel and peppermint loving smile!
I sure hope you get a chance to try this. It’s so freaking good. My family goes crazy for bark. Which is good since apparently I am completely addicted to making it.
I love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It gets used every single day in this household. Sometimes multiple times per day. Especially during the holiday season. If you’re looking for a gift for someone special it’s the way to go. I love mine. Even when it’s covered in chocolate.
If you are looking for more Bark Recipes check out the recipes below:
- Turtle Bark
- Marble Pistachio Bark
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark
- Marble Bark with Pistachios and Fleur de Sel
Happy Holidays to everyone. Keep tuning in for more holiday recipes. Tomorrow kicks off the holiday extravaganza. I have sweet and savoury recipes lined up. Everything you could possibly need for Christmas parties, and Christmas dinner.
Disclosure Mumbo Jumbo: post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission off of purchases. Thanks for supporting Cravings of a Lunatic!
Toodles and Smoochies! xx