Easy to make, this Baked Chicken is glazed with honey, and baked with baby potatoes. Perfect one pan meal for the whole family!
This honey baked chicken recipe with potatoes was a ton of fun to make. I really enjoy making recipes like this one. It’s a one pan, simple meal that is ready in an hour. That works for me, especially on nights when I’m super busy.
Chicken thighs are very economical so we buy them in bulk, then I use my vacuum sealer so I can freeze them in smaller batches. I usually package up about 4 to 6 in one package. Just enough for a mid-week meal.
Hubs and I love chicken, my daughter is not a huge fan. When my son lived here he gobbled up tons of chicken. Now that he’s away at school I make smaller batches of everything. That boy could eat.
Our grocery bill was cut in half when B moved out. But like any mom I’d gladly double that grocery bill right back up if it meant he was close enough to home to eat dinner with us every day.
It’s just not the same cooking for the family when one of the family members is absent. He’s been out west for school for 3 years and I still am not used to it. I miss our dinners. B was always such an adventurous eater.
Mini-me is not quite as adventurous. She’s never been a big meat eater, but is particularly not into poultry. When she was younger she very vocally informed everyone “I have birds, I don’t eat birds”. Yeppers, she had spunk. Still does.
So hubs and I noshed this one on a night when Mini-me was out with her buddies. I try to make chicken when she’s out and about. Although I have to admit I’m making roast chicken tonight. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
This recipe is part of a blogger challenge where we have to make a recipe from a small list of ingredients. I’m always up for a fun challenge so I was super excited to see our list of choices get unveiled.
We had to pick at least 3 items from the list. I chose potatoes, nutmeg, honey, and chicken thighs. I knew this was going to make a winner winner chicken dinner.
It was a hit. We absolutely loved this recipe. I make a lot of chicken and potato recipes, this one was one of our favourites. The light hint of nutmeg with the honey is just absolutely delightful.
Try it for yourself and see what you think. I bet you will love this as much as we did!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs
- ½ pound of baby potatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons honey, for glazing in the final stage of cooking
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. I used a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place chicken thighs randomly in the pan.
- Cut baby potatoes in half. Place in pan randomly in between the chicken pieces.
- Now drizzle the olive oil over potatoes.
- Sprinkle the salt and white pepper over the chicken and the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg over the chicken pieces.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for about 40 minutes, you can stir the potatoes occasionally and if you need more oil feel free to use it.
- At the 40 minute mark take the pan out of the oven, but leave the oven on.
- Warm the honey slightly in the microwave, it should only take about 10 to 15 seconds. Now using a basting brush you can slather the chicken pieces with the honey. Coat as much of the chicken as possible. It's okay if some spills on the potatoes, it will make them a bit sweet which is never a bad thing. Using oven mitts place the pan back in the oven and continue to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. You want the skin nice and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and place on counter. Turn oven off.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to a platter to serve family style.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy with a big old honey loving smile!
Looks incredibly yummy right. We love meals like this one. It’s easy to make, easy on the pocket-book and tastes absolutely amazing.
If you’re feeling adventurous you can mix some barbecue sauce with the honey. It’s heavenly like that. You can also swap the barbecue sauce for garlic oil and you will have a fabulous honey garlic chicken. I’ve made both and love them both, equally.
Swing by to visit all the other participants:
Bacon Wrapped Ginger Soy Chicken from Yellow Bliss Road
Quinoa & Kale Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing from Katie’s Cucina
Skinny One Pot Lemon Shrimp Alfredo from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Thai Coconut Soup from Yummy Healthy Easy
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken from Your Homebased Mom
Thai Shrimp Salad with Peanut Dressing from Will Cook for Smiles
Honey Baked Chicken Over Lemon Rice from The Weary Chef
Honey Baked Chicken and Potatoes from Cravings of a Lunatic
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs with Honey Dijon Glaze from A Beautiful Bite
Honey Ginger Shrimp Skewers from Five Heart Home
Craving more fabulous meal ideas? Check these out:
Be sure to swing by my recipe index for lots of inspiration. You can browse through beef recipes, pasta recipes, or anything else your little heart desires. Also be sure to follow me on pinterest. I’m a total pinterest fanatic. It’s how I unwind at the end of the day.
Tune in tomorrow for a great cookbook giveaway. I’ll also be sharing a few new cereal treats this week you will love. Plus a fun giveaway involving my favourite cereal. You are not going to want to miss that one. See you soon.
Toodles and smoochies! xx