This Brown Butter Garlic Parmesan Pasta is a quick and easy recipe that is filled with flavour. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and dig in!
Nothing beats a tasty pasta and this brown butter garlic parmesan pasta is no exception. It is one of my favourite dinners to make on nights when I don't have a lot of time to cook but want a delicious meal.
For me, brown butter is the epitome of incredible fall dining experiences. There is something about the nutty flavour that browned butter lends to pasta makes me think of fall and comfort food. It takes me to my happy place.
I just happened to have some wild garlic egg noodles I picked up on a trip so that became my jump-off point for the recipe. I knew I wanted to play up the garlic in this pasta, and nothing goes better with garlic pasta than parmesan.
This recipe came to life with my daughter's help. For those who have not heard, I fell down some stairs earlier this month. I'm okay but I fractured my fibula. I also bruised every inch of my body, so I'm incredibly sore.
Needless to say, it's hard to cook and work right now. I can stand long enough to make quick recipes. I knew this one would be a fast, easy recipe that I could handle from start to finish. The quicker it came together the quicker I could sit down.
Enter my own little mini-me. My daughter is in her 20's and just happened to have the day off work. She helped me prep and cook this recipe. She also helped style all the photos in the post. In my biased opinion she totally rocked it!
Give this brown butter garlic parmesan pasta recipe a try and let me know what you think of it. If you don't have wild garlic egg noodles you can use regular egg noodles. Or swap for any noodles you love. If you don't have fresh parmesan or garlic just use what you have on hand. No judgment here.
More pasta recipes
- Meatless Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
- Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Mini Meatloaf Sandwiches with Red Pepper Pesto
- Steak Fajitas with Drunken Peppers
More dinner recipes
- Honey Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Cashew Chicken
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- More Dinner Recipes!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Brown Butter Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Put on a pot of water for the noodles at the beginning so it cuts cooking time. The water should be starting to boil at the same time your butter is browning. I used a small stock pot for my noodles and filled it ¾ full of water, and added salt once it boiled.
- In a small dutch oven cook the butter over medium heat until it bubbles and foams. It will start to develop brown specks as it begins to emit a nutty aroma. Whisk until it's lightly golden brown, then toss in the garlic for about 1 minute. At this point, your butter should be perfectly golden and your garlic will smell fragrant. Remove the pan from heat to stop the cooking process. The entire process should take about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on your stove and pan. Keep the pan nearby because you will use that one for the final process.
- Toss the noodles in the water and cook for one minute less than the package requires. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta, but do NOT rinse it.
- Put the dutch oven back on the burner over medium-low heat. Toss the cooked noodles in, stirring to coat the noodles evenly with the butter and garlic. Toss about ½ of the parmesan, and about ¼ to ½ cup of reserved pasta water into the dutch oven, stir until pasta is creamy and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Garnish with parsley, if desired. If you don't have fresh you can use dried.
- Serve with a big old brown butter loving smile!
- Toss the egg noodles in hot boiling water.
Original post dated November 22, 2016.
Updated on September 23, 2020.