Chocolate Crunch Bites will satisfy your sweet tooth without needing to turn on the oven. Perfection no matter what time of the year it is!
These chocolate crunch bites taste just like Nestle Crunch Bars. Kids and adults love them and they are wildly addictive, in the best way possible.
Honestly, I crave chocolate all year round. Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. I'm a die-hard chocolate fan so no season is off limits for noshing on chocolate.
I made this in the summer. Seriously, I don't care if it's a bajillion degrees out or not. I still want and need my chocolate fix. Pretty much daily.
Since it was hot out I made these using my microwave. You can totally make them using a double boiler if you like. Whatever works for you.
They are so super easy to make. You can shape them any way you like. Press them into a rimmed pan and cut them into squares. Or use a muffin tin like I did.
No matter how you make them I can guarantee they won't last long. These vanished so fast in my house. I'm not pointing any fingers or anything but if I did they'd be pointing right at me.
I don't even feel bad. Not. One. Little. Bit. Nor should you. Whip up a batch this minute.
These were originally made for Food Fanatic. I used to be a Chocolate Fanatic Contributor on their blog.
You can zip over to see my post about these Chocolate Crunch Bites.
- Butter - Either salted or unsalted butter work in this recipe. They taste great made with either.
- Chocolate - I love the flavour of milk chocolate so that is my personal preference for this recipe. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate if you prefer any of those. Even chocolate chips will work.
- Cereal - This recipe uses rice krispies cereal. I would not recommend substituting any other cereal.
How to Make Chocolate Crunch Bites:
- First, grab a mini muffin tin and spray it with non-stick spray. Then set the pan aside for later.
- Next, grab a microwave safe medium bowl and place the butter and chocolate inside of it. Pop the bowl in the microwave and heat carefully. You want to heat it just long enough for the chocolate to melt. It should take about 1 to 1 ½ minutes.
- Remove the bowl of melted chocolate and butter from the microwave and use a spatula, wooden spoon or tablespoon to stir the mixture well.
- Then, add the rice krispies and mix with a spoon again.
- Transfer the mixture to the mini muffin tin by pouring it evenly into each muffin well.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove the muffin tin from the fridge and use a spoon or knife to pop the chocolate bites out.
- Serve on a tray or platter. Or store them immediately.
- Mini Muffin Tins - This is what I used for mine. They are easy to use and the perfect size.
- Cheesecake Pans - Mini cheesecake pans are great for making these too. You can buy the ones with removable bottoms to make it easier to remove treats.
- Baking sheet - You can make these with cookie sheets or a baking pan if you like. Just pour it over the pan, smooth them out and place them in the fridge. Just be sure to score the top before they harden so they are easier to slice.
- Molds - These are fun to make in candy or fudge molds that are tiny shapes. Get the kids involved and they can make them into any shape. We make them in dinosaur molds occasionally.
- Chocolate Bar Silicone Molds - You can actually buy silicone molds for making your homemade chocolate bars these days. Use those if you want a more traditional shaped to these.
How to Package Chocolate Crunch Bites/Bars:
- Place them in resealable bag. Remove any excess air from the bag.
- You can also store them in an airtight container, preferably with parchment paper or waxed paper between each layer of chocolate bars.
How to Store Them:
- Store the sealed candy in a cool, dry place.
- If you can store them away from any light, that is preferred.
- They can be stored for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Can You Refrigerate Chocolate Crunch Bars:
- You can store these in the fridge IF you plan on eating them fairly quickly. Otherwise, store as described above.
- Leaving them in the fridge too long can affect the texture.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Crunch Bars:
- When I freeze candy like these crunch bars, I typically wrap in plastic wrap and store in airtight container.
- The other option is to store candy between sheets of parchment paper or waxed paper in an airtight container.
- They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure they are wrapped and sealed well.
More Chocolate Recipes:
- Coconut Bark
- Stuffed Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Oreo Bark
- Coconut Caramel Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Granola
- Red Velvet Cookie Stacks
- Coconut Chocolate Cookies
- S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Crunch Bites
- First, start by spraying a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set the pan aside.
- Next, place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Place the bowl of butter and chocolate in the microwave, close the door, and set the cook time for about 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Stir every 30 seconds for the first minute, then every 15 seconds for the rest of the time. Every microwave is vastly different so you may need to adjust the time. Mine took 1 ½ minutes to melt but yours could take more or less time. Once the chocolate is melted remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate and butter mixture until smooth. You can also whisk it if you prefer.
- Add the rice krispies to the chocolate mixture and stir with a large metal or wooden spoon until the mixture is combined well. Spoon the mixture into the mini muffin pan. Place the pan in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set up. I would suggest allowing it to set up in the fridge for about an hour or so.
- Once crunch bars harden in the fridge, you can just pop them out with a spoon or butter knife.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
- You can store the crunch bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They keep for about a week but I guarantee they won't last that long.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.