How to make Chocolate Weapons Bark for your next Walking Dead or Halloween party. This easy bark recipe is sure to be a hit with all your friends!
Weapons Chocolate Bark for Dead Eats: Recipes Inspired by The Walking Dead!
Even during the apocalypse you’re still going to crave chocolate. So, make sure you’re always prepared for zombie battles with this easy to make chocolate bark layered with zombie killing weapons.
In all honesty, I have to tell you I think I may actually be the show’s biggest fan. Yeah, I know so many people say that but I think I may actually deserve this title.
My daughter got me hooked on the show. When I first started watching I thought WTF is this?
They killed a horse. I own a horse. How can they do this? Who kills horses on TV shows? This is whack.
I questioned whether I wanted to keep watching or not. Then my whole world got turned upside down. My life changed forever. Seriously, my nice, normal, dedicated mom status went to hell in a hand basket.
Why? When? How? I hear you asking all those questions.
Enter Daryl Dixon……BAM…..my life is totally ruined.
And by ruined I mean I can’t stop freaking watching.
To tell the truth, I’ve torn through the entire show over 35 times now. No, I’m not kidding. Clearly, I have problems.
Honestly, I think the only one who can save me is Daryl Dixon.
So….you know, I’ll wait while someone sends him to save me from myself.
- Chocolate – I used milk chocolate for this recipe as well as white chocolate too.
- Candy Decorations: For this bark, I used Wilton’s candy icing decorations. You can buy them through Amazon as well as Michaels. They sell them seasonal so shop early, if you can. I bought the cleaver, axes as well as the knives.
How to Make Chocolate Weapons Bark:
- First, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, set up two double boilers, or saucepans with glass mixing bowls over top. Read recipe card for full details.
- Next, place milk chocolate in one double boiler.
- Then, place white chocolate in the other double boiler.
- Simmer the chocolates next until both are melted.
- Next, remove chocolate from heat and randomly drop spoonfuls on cookie sheet. Then, use a knife to swirl the chocolates into a pattern you like.
- Then, add the candy pieces on top while the chocolate is warm.
- Next, use gel icing to make bloody edges on weapons.
- Allow bark to cool completely. Carefully place in the fridge or freezer until it sets up.
- Then, remove the bark and snap or cut it into pieces.
- Lastly, serve and munch.
Conversations in our household:
- Hubs: Did you make dinner tonight?
- Me: Um, no. Daryl went to save Merle and I just had to be supportive. So I had to watch. Dinner can wait.
- My daughter: Did you go to the barn today?
- Me: Um, no. Daryl was wearing a mask so he didn’t catch the flu and I was really worried so I thought I better to stay home, just in case he needed my support.
- My son: Hey, did you get my message today?
- Me: Oh, did you call? I had my phone turned off because Daryl was trying to hide from the Walkers and I couldn’t risk my phone going off in case they found him.
Totally normal right?
Sure. It. Is!!
Honestly, I realize this is not normal behaviour. Clearly, I have a huge problem. “Normal” people don’t behave this way.
And I really don’t freaking care. I can’t actually explain it. My love for the show runs deep. We’re inseparable. Not a day goes by that the show isn’t playing in the background while I work.
The joy of working from home is I get to have the TV on in the background while I work. I could watch cooking shows, or talk shows, but I choose to watch The Walking Dead. Obsessively.
I hope you love the show as much as I do!
Plan Your Own Killer Walking Dead Party:
- First of all, this event is a fun theme week hosted by Kim and Dionne.
- Secondly, it’s not sponsored or endorsed by The Walking Dead.
- Although if they see this feel free to “call us”. Also post may contains affiliate links.
- Thanks to everyone who helps to support this blog.
i’ll be hosting another event this winter with LOTS of new recipes for the new season!
Make sure you swing by Dionne’s Dead Eats Posts:
Swing by my other Dead Eats Posts:
- How to Throw a Killer Walking Dead Party
- Carol’s Cookies
- Walker Blood Sangria
- Cinnamon Pecans
- Bloody Guts Dip
- Toilet Water Drink
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Weapons Bark
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Use 2 double boilers, one to melt the white chocolate and one to melt the milk chocolate. I use saucepans with heat safe bowls over top. Fill saucepans about 1/4 full with water. Place saucepans on stove and turn heat to high for each one. Bring each to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place heat safe bowls over top of each saucepan. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the top of the water.
- Break white chocolate into pieces and place in one heat safe bowl.
- Break milk chocolate into pieces and place in other heat safe bowl.
- Allow both to simmer over warm water and stir occasionally while the chocolate melts.
- Once it's melted remove bowls carefully from the saucepans. Carefully wipe bottom of the bowls so you get rid of any water or condensation on them. Water will ruin chocolate so be sure no water drips onto the chocolate during the pouring process. Very important.
- Scoop chocolate onto cookie sheet in random patterns with a large spoon. You can also pour it if you're pretty adept at pouring chocolate. If not I highly suggest using a large serving spoon or tablespoon to transfer the chocolate to the cookie sheet. Just keep randomly dropping white chocolate, then milk chocolate in alternating patterns. Once you get all the chocolate on the pan you can take the side a butter knife and just start to randomly drag the knife to make patterns in the chocolate. No right or wrong way to make patterns. Just have fun with it and work your own magic. Don't overmix or you'll just have a mass of light brown bark.
- Once you have it all smoothed and your pattern the way you like it you can randomly drop the mini candy weapons any way you like. Just lightly press them into the bark. No right or wrong way to place them, just enjoy it and have fun.
- Now take the red gel icing, cut the tip off the tube and start piping red icing on the edges of the weapons.
- Place in a cool area, or the fridge to set up the chocolate. This will stiffen the chocolate so it hardens and you get a nice snap to the chocolate when you break it.
- Once the chocolate is set up (30 to 60 minutes) you can pull it out and cut or snap the bark into pieces.
- Serve with a big old chocolate loving smile! Share with Daryl! It's just polite to share!
Thanks for visiting today!