Mix up this Bloody Guts Dip for your next Walking Dead Party. Celebrate in style by whipping up a batch of this easy cherry dip. Layer it so it looks like you’re digging into a bloody mess. I made chocolate zombie body parts to use for dipping.
Bloody guts dip aka cherry dip is perfect for Halloween parties as well as walking dead viewing parties.
First of all, let’s just get this out of the way right now. My name is Kim and I’m a Walking Dead addict. I’ve watched the series 35 times and have no plans to stop. Seriously, I love the show way too much.
I could not resist making something a bit icky this time around. What I love about this one is you can make it look beautiful or you can make it looks disgusting. The choice is yours.
Honestly, this recipe came to mind while watching the episode Thank You. When we see the guys fall off the dumpster and the chaos that ensues as the walkers swarm, that’s the scene that inspired this particular recipe. You see all the blood and guts being torn into it’s just a sea of red. That’s where my mind was while making this one.
I wanted a recipe that tastes amazing but could clearly be used for a Walking Dead Party. My family goes crazy for cherry cheesecake so this easy dip seemed like the perfect recipe.
Whatever happens in the show moving forward, I just hope the carnage continues. There’s no such thing as a fun and light-hearted apocalypse.
It’s suppose to be gut-wrenching and difficult. People are going to die. Hell, even Rick knows that. Think back to his talk with Carol. Rick says “No more kid stuff…People are gonna die. I’m gonna die. Your mom…”
They seem to leave us breadcrumbs to follow. I just hope the foreshadowing isn’t always right. I keep thinking about Daryl in the coffin or Daryl lying next to the motorcycle walker on the ground and I want to scream.
No one messes with my Daryl!
- Cream Cheese – Personally, I love Philadelphia cream cheese because I find it the creamiest for dessert dips. However, use what you have.
- Heavy Cream – This is going to make the dip fluffy and balance out the cream cheese. Any brand will do.
- Confectioners’ Sugar – Icing sugar is the key to a sweet dip. Use whatever brand you like the most.
- Marshmallow Fluff – This just takes dessert dips to the next level. Marshmallow Fluff and Jet Puffed are both great brand options.
- Cherry Pie Filling – Again, use whatever brand you love. I’m in Canada and I’m partial to E.D. Smith cherry pie filling. I think the U.S. has more options.
For the dip:
- First, use a stand or hand mixer to whisk the cream cheese until it’s fluffy.
- Then, add the heavy cream and mix slowly, gradually increasing speed to high until the mixture is fluffy.
- Next, add the confectioners’ sugar and marshmallow cream, mix again until it’s well combined.
- Carefully alternate scooping the dip mixture and the cherry pie filling into serving dishes randomly.
- Then, use the blunt end of a knife to swirl the two so it looks like splattered blood and guts.
- Lastly, place the serving dishes in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the chocolate zombie parts:
- First, melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Then, pour it into the mold.
- Next, place the mold in the freezer for about 15 to 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- Carefully take the mold out of the freezer and pop the chocolate pieces out.
- Lastly, place the chocolate pieces on a serving dish, or randomly inside the bloody guts dip.
No Walking Dead Post would be complete with a photo of Daryl.
How about one more for good measure? M’kay!
To be honest, I’m not even sorry. I love having Daryl join me for photo sessions.
Okay, moving on…..
Like the apron? You can order The Terminus Apron through Amazon. I’m an affiliate so if you do I earn a few pennies. So, if you do, thanks for the pennies. They add up over time. Then, I can buy more Walking Dead props. It’s what I live for!
More Dead Eats:
- How to Throw a Killer Walking Dead Party
- Carol’s Cookies
- Walker Blood Sangria
- Cinnamon Pecans
- Toilet Water
- Dumpster Cookies from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
Share with your TWD loving friends. We have tons of Walking Dead Inspired Recipes to share so you can throw your next Walking Dead Party in style!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Bloody Guts Dip aka Cherry Dip
For the dip:
For the chocolate zombie parts:
- 6 oz milk chocolate broken into small pieces for even melting
For the dip:
- In a stand mixer whisk the cream cheese until fluffy, add the heavy cream and mix slowly, then gradually increase speed to high, mix until the mixture become fluffy but still soft. Add the confectioners' sugar and marshmallow cream, mix again until well combined.
- Alternately scoop small spoonfuls of the pie filling and dip mixture into small serving dishes. Just keep layering so it looks random and jumbled. Once it's layered completely take the blunt edge of a butter knife and just drag it through random areas to make it look splattered.
- Place the dishes in the fridge for at least one hour, or up to about 4 hours.
To make the chocolate zombie parts:
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, stir until smooth. Pour into silicone tray. Place in the freezer for about 15 to 30 minutes. Remove and turn over to remove the chocolate pieces. Serve with the dip for dunking. Watch your friends faces as they dunk zombie parts in bloody dip, it's delightful.
- Serve the Bloody Guts Dip with a big old bowl of Chocolate Zombie Body Parts. Plus a big old TWD loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.