This Grilled Caesar Salad is quick, easy and out of this world. The lettuce and bread are cooked on the grill for optimal flavour.
Nothing beats a great grilled salad recipe and this caesar salad is no exception. It’s my daughter’s favourite salad recipe.
Grill season is in full swing and this girl could not be happier about it. I’ve been out on the deck grilling up a storm lately. My deck is my happy place in spring and summer.
I grill year round, even when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground. However, even a die-hard griller like me prefers to grill when the weather is gorgeous and sunny.
We cook everything on the grill. From meat to dessert and everything in between. Anything you can cook in an oven or on a cooktop can be made on the grill.
My daughter is a huge Caesar Salad fanatic. She could eat it every day, and often does. She loves hers with bacon, lots and lots of bacon. I’m always happy to oblige.
Our son is coming down to visit soon. That dude can eat his weight in pizza. He’s always hungry so having something quick and easy on hand makes all the different in the world.
What I love about cooking on the grill is it doesn’t heat up my house. Our air conditioner blows and not in a good way. Cooking indoors is a no-go in summer.
I cook everything outdoors on the grill from about April until October. It just gets too hot in the house otherwise. So, I love things like this that can be cooked quickly and easily.
For the salad, you can serve it one of two ways. You can serve it with leaves whole as pictured right above. Or you can chop the lettuce if you prefer that way more. It’s great both ways.
My daughter likes hers chopped. She also likes her dressing drizzled on rather than slathered on and mixed in. All ways are acceptable in our world. We’re open-minded like that.
What to serve with Grilled Caesar Salad
- Grilled Ribs with Watermelon BBQ Sauce
- Sirloin Roast
- Grilled Peach and Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil
- Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- Spicy BBQ Chicken Fajita Sliders
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- How to Grill a Tomahawk Steak from Kiss My Smoke
- Grilled Brick Chicken from Kiss My Smoke
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 2 romaine hearts cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 slices garlic toast toasted and diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- Caesar dressing to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Be sure grill grates are cleaned and oiled.
- Cook bacon on grill in cast iron pan till perfectly crisp. Remove, drain excess grease, then chop into fine pieces. Set aside.
- Cut romaine hearts in half, lengthwise. Place in a long shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk. Pour over romaine hearts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place garlic toast on grill. Cook until golden brown with grill marks, flip and cook the same way on the other side. Remove with tongs and set aside.
- Place romaine hearts on grill, cut side down and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove with tongs. Set aside.
- Chop garlic toast into small pieces.
- Optional: I high recommend cooking the garlic toast croutons once they're cut. Cook them in the cast iron pan you used for the bacon. Make the most of that bacon fat. It brings a whole other level of deliciousness to the garlic toast croutons. You don't have to but it adds more flavour. Just cook in the cast iron pan till all sides are golden and toasted perfectly.
- Putting it all together:
- You can either serve it with the lettuce cut or intact. Your choice.
- Add lettuce to serving platter or bowl. Add 1/2 the caesar dressing and toss. Add the parmesan. Add the other 1/2 of caesar dressing. Toss. Add garlic toast croutons and bacon.
- Serve with a salad loving smile!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.