These little Jalapeno Poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It's heat to the max with these little beauties.
These little bites are the perfect appetizer for parties and game day. Jalapeno peppers, cream cheese and bacon are combined for a spicy appetizer that will make all your guests so happy.
Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by myself and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes.
Okay, I have to warn you now. These suckers have some serious kick.
We like spicy food here at the Bee household. We like heat that builds.
Not only jalapeno poppers, they are jalapeno poppers with spicy cream cheese. I used a small amount of chipotle in adobo sauce diced up super fine then I hit it with some smoked paprika.
I know you're thinking we're nuts right now, and we are, but in this case we're also rocking some kick-butt football food.
Make a plain jane batch for all your wussy little friends, then make a batch of these for your cool friends. They'll love you.
Just make sure you have lots of beverages nearby for the wussies pretending to be cool kids. There's one at every party.
Recipes to serve with Jalapeno Bacon Poppers:
- Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Bread
- Mini Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
- Steak Bites Mini Taco Boats
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
What's your favourite appetizer?
- I tend to dig hot appetizers like this one.
- I'm not a huge fan of cold appetizers for some reason.
- I tend to be the same way with sandwiches too. I'm weird like that.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- 16 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3.5 oz chipotle in adobo pepper, cut into tiny pieces, as small as possible (sold in 7 oz cans so I used half a can)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound bacon, slices cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half, lengthwise. Scrape seeds and core out and discard.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, chipotle pepper in adobo, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- With a small spoon smooth the mixture into the inside of each jalapeno. Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Pop in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers. Mine were done in about 25 this time around.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve with a big old spicy smile.
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more appetizer recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more snack recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
My favorite spice is cumin with ginger being a close second.
Both awesome choices.
These look yummy! My favorite spice is turmeric.
Thanks. Tumeric is awesome.
My favorite spice would have to be garlic.
I love garlic, the more the better.
Cinnamon- real cinnamon. I just discovered I've been using cassia, the cheap knockoff for cinnamon all my life, and now after trying real cinnamon I want to use it on everything! It's so very delicious, spicy, has medicinal benefits and knocks the socks off the crud I've been eating as "cinnamon" this whole time!!
There is nothing like good quality cinnamon. My new fave is the roasted saigon cinnamon. Can't get enough of it.
So many spices, so little thyme! Right now I am loving my homemade apple pie spice in all sorts of sweet things and fenugreek in savory applications!
Ha, that was priceless. You rock, love homemade concoctions.
I love cinnamon and ginger.
Abbe@This is How I Cook
Sometimes I grill these outside. Sometimes I eat them all myself! Yes, these are good!
Great on the grill. I use mine way too much.
Matthew Horbund - mmwine
Tasty recipe! I"m a fan of anything bacon oriented! This would probably rock with a nice pinot noir from California 🙂
Thanks Matt. I'm a bacon fan myself.
ohhh i love spicy things. my favorite spice is any kind of pepper. Love that spice block, it's so cool. Thanks for this lovely giveaway oppty!
I love red pepper flakes but not a black pepper fan. Not sure why.
It's pretty cool. A friend makes them and I am in awe. I'm putting one or three on my Christmas list. And you're welcome. This was fun.
My favorite spice is sage.
Such an under-rated spice.
Garlic powder or ginger!
Love both of those.
I love garlic.
Yummers! I love me some Jalapeno Poppers! These looks fantastic! Thanks for organizing this appetizer week. I can't wait to try out some of these amazing recipes!
I would totally eat these. Totally. Like all of them 🙂
Made Jalapeno Poppers last night, but didn't use the bacon and spices. NOW I wanna make them again using this recipe! Sounds yummy and we all like the 'heat' too! Thanx for sharing.
I made these tonight and couldn't enjoy only because my lame self cannot tolerate spiciness and didn't take out the seeds lol. Easy top make and flavorful but will remove the seeds lol. Great super bowl recipe!
Oh you poor girl. I know some people can tolerate them, some can't. Mario Batali leaves seeds in everything, apparently the dude has high heat tolerance. So bummed for you though. Let me know how it goes next time you make them. And seriously, even us peeps who cook for a living make mistakes from time to time. I once forgot flour in a banana bread. Happens to the best of us. Hope you enjoyed the game. xx
Mariel @ Or so she says...
Gosh, these look AMAZING!! I've never made poppers before, but I'm thinking the bacon addition is a MUST. So glad you shared them in the tailgating round-up last weekend and so happy to work with you! Pinned!
Hi Mariel. I'm so happy we did this. I've been so sick this past week I still need to visit and share. But I'm SO looking forward to getting to know all the girls. I love tailgating. It's the best food ever. Hope you get a chance to try these. I'm all about bacon. Any chance to wrap it around something I'm doing it.
A wonderful snack! My husband, father and brother are wildly ecstatic about it! They ask to cook again! Their enthusiastic eyes say "thank you" to me, and I say "thanks" to you! Share with us again such recipes, I did not eat anything like that! Yummy!