These little jalapeño poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It’s heat to the max with these little beauties.
Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes.
Okay, I have to warn you now. These suckers have some serious kick. We like spicy food here at the Bee household. We like heat that builds. So these are not only jalapeño poppers, they are jalapeño poppers with spicy cream cheese. I used a small amount of chipotle in adobo sauce diced up super fine, then I hit it with some smoked paprika. I know you’re thinking we’re nuts right now, and we are, but in this case we’re also rocking some kick-butt football food. Make a plain jane batch for all your wussy little friends, then make a batch of these for your cool friends. They’ll love you. Just make sure you have lots of beverages nearby for the wussies pretending to be cool kids. There’s one at every party.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 16 jalapeno peppers cut in half lengthwise
- 1 package 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 chipotle in adobo pepper cut into tiny pieces, as small as possible
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound of bacon cut pieces in half
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Cut jalapeno peppers in half, lengthwise.
In a small bowl combine cream cheese, chipotle pepper in adobo, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
With a small spoon smooth the mixture into the inside of each jalapeno. Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
Pop in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers. Mine were done in about 25 this time around.
Remove from the oven.
Serve with a big old spicy smile.
These are also really good if you cook bacon and chop it into tiny pieces to put in the cream cheese. We also like tiny little bits of other peppers in ours, so we finely dice red or green peppers to add in.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
What’s your favourite appetizer? I tend to dig hot appetizers like this one. Not a huge fan of cold appetizers for some reason. I tend to be the same way with sandwiches too. I’m weird like that.
Craving amazing appetizer recipes? Here you go:
Be sure to check out my appetizer category to see what other awesome apps I have on the blog. You can also check out my pinterest board called appetizer cravings. There are tons of fabulous bloggers pinning to that board so the variety is fabulous. Be sure to check it out.
Toodles and smoochies! xx