This recipe for tortilla pizzas with roasted red peppers is perfect for busy nights when you want a delicious meal in a snap. It's incredibly easy to make and full of flavour.
Honestly, there is nothing that makes me happier than making tortilla pizzas. Having a quick pizza recipe in your repertoire is essential for holiday entertaining, and pretty much year round.
What I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. I make it often when we have company for brunch. Not only is it quick and easy, but you can customize the recipe to each person's tastes.
These little pizzas make great appetizers for parties too. You can just cut them into small pieces and serve as finger food for all your guests. They will love you so much for making this.
For me, pizza is the total comfort food. Honestly, it's a people pleaser in a big way.
It can feed a crowd and it puts a smile on anyone's face when you serve it. Pizza is the perfect party food.
I'm a thin crust girl, so making pizzas using tortillas makes me super happy. So, I get the best of both worlds.
The tortillas cook up perfectly and it's crispness in every bite. That's a win, whether you serve them for lunch or dinner.
Whip these delicious tortilla pizzas with roasted red peppers today. Or save the recipe for your next family gathering.
- Tortillas - I tend to prefer white flour tortillas for pizza but use whatever kind of tortillas you love.
- Pizza Sauce - Again, use whatever kind of pizza sauce you like. You can use store bought or homemade pizza sauce.
- Sugar - I recommend using white granulated sugar. If you need to omit it, that's okay. It won't affect the recipe in a big way.
- Cheese - Honestly, pizza mozzarella is the best cheese to use for pizza but any mozzarella cheese will work.
- Roasted Red Peppers - Personally, I'm a huge fan of jarred roasted red peppers. You can also make your own fire roasted peppers.
- Oil - I used olive oil for this recipe. You could substitute grapeseed or avocado oil if you prefer.
- Parsley - For this recipe, I used dried parsley but you could use fresh if you like. You could also use basil or oregano. Or use both!
How to Make Tortilla Pizza:
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Then prep to large cookie sheets. You can spray them with non-stick spray or cover them with parchment, if you like.
- Heat tortillas in a pan so both sides are slightly browned. Place tortillas on cookies sheets.
- Next, combine the pizza sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Mix and spread evenly over the tortillas.
- Then, sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the tortillas.
- In the pan you used to cook the tortillas, warm oil over medium heat. Pour the roasted red peppers into the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the peppers crisp on the edges. This process should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, remove the roasted red peppers from heat and chop them up.
- Place the chopped roasted red peppers over top of the tortilla pizzas.
- Then, place the cookie sheets in the preheated oven and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. They are done when the cheese melts and the edges of the tortillas brown slightly.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and toss parsley over top.
- Slice into pieces with a pizza wheel or leave whole.
More Dinner Recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake with Sausage and Peppers
- Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls
- American Chop Suey
- Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- 30 Minutes Chicken Vegetable Skillet Pasta
- One Pot Pasta with Sausage, Peppers and Apples
- Easy Chili Cornbread Casserole
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
- 8 tortillas
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep two cookie sheets by spraying with non-stick spray or placing parchment paper on them.
- Heat tortillas in a pan until they are warmed through. Place cooked tortillas on the cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl combine the pizza sauce and sugar, stir well. Spoon over the tortillas and smooth out.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over each tortilla.
- In the same pan you cooked the tortillas in, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the roasted red peppers into the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the peppers just start to crisp on the edges. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Either chop them into pieces by hand or toss in a food processor and pulse briefly. You want them to still be chunky pieces, so chop them roughly, or pulse them briefly.
- Place the roasted red peppers on the tortillas, randomly.
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, you just want to cook them long enough to melt the cheese properly.
- Remove from oven, toss parsley over top.
- Serve with a big old pizza loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dinner recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more pizza recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Love this idea. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty.See you again next week.
We loved this so much!! My kids even loved it!
That's always nice to hear. Thanks.
These are my go to on a busy weeknight! Love them so much.
Thanks. Nothing beats pizza. I'm addicted to it.
This simple recipe was easy and delicious! It is a great idea for a lunch, a snack, or a busy night. It's one I know my daughter will eat with no fuss every time!
Thanks so much. Glad you liked it.