I got to thinking I have not done FUN WITH JARS in a while. So I am slipping one in here before summer arrives and I retire FUN WITH JARS and replace it with FARM FRESH FRIDAYS. Okay, so you know me and my theme days. They’ve run amuck. But I like amuck so it’s all good. Amuck is the new organized. Or whatever.
Mini-me scored some strawberries at work so I confiscated them for my own evil plans. It’s what I do. Someone buys a food item and my wheels start turning thinking up fun things I can do with it. Then it promptly disappears and ends up in a cake or cheesecake. It’s a talent. Or a curse. Seriously, whatevs. Who cares. There’s food in the house so that’s all that matters. Who cares if it’s all made into cakes, bars, and ice cream. Willy Wonka would love to live here. So who are you all to judge. Bite me. And my cheesecake too.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup graham crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 package of cream cheese 8 ounce brick
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large strawberries pulsed in a blender or food processor
- Plus 2 cups strawberries cut into pieces
- Whipping cream for top if desired I used the spray kind in a can (foodies everywhere gasp- the horror!)
- For the crust:
- Melt your butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl combine graham crumbs and butter. Mix by hand until smooth.
- Press it evenly into the bottoms of your canning jars. Set them aside.
- For your cheesecake:
- Soften you cream cheese. You can set it out ahead of time or just pop it in the microwave for about 30 or so seconds. Keep an eye on it. You want it soft, not liquidy.
- Pop 4 strawberries in a blender or food processor and pulse until small pieces and some liquid remain. Set aside.
- Slice up your 2 cups of strawberries and set aside.
- In a stand mixer whisk the whipping cream until fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and confectioners sugar and whisk again. Start slow so your confectioners sugar does not just blow out into the air. Whisk until creamy and slightly thick.
- Add almond extract and whisk for about a minute.
- Now transfer half this liquid to another bowl. Set aside.
- In the remaining half add you 4 strawberries you blended earlier and whisk until well combined.
- Now pour the strawberry cream cheese mixture evenly into your canning jars.
- Place a layer of strawberries over top.
- Now pour the white cream cheese mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Add another layer of strawberries over top.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Serve with a big old cheesecakey smile!
- *note- yields 6 small canning jars*
I know right. So good! And so flipping easy. Some days easy is the way to go. You could spend all day busting your hump over a complicated cheesecake or you could make this and save your valuable time for more important things. Like stealing food from your family members. Or watching the real housewives of wherever. Keep your priorities in check like a lunatic folks. It’s a good thing.
See now you want cheesecake right! You’re making a list as you are reading this aren’t you? I told you it was good. And easy. But you didn’t believe me. You just had to be all like “oh no she didn’t” and I was all like “oh yes I did”, and you were all like “oh hellz no” and I was all like “hellz yah”. Pfft, you people and your skepticism. Seriously, bite me!
Okay so I did promise a giveaway didn’t I? Damn! I so wanted to run away to Hawaii with all my hordes of money. Oh right, I don’t have hordes of money. What I do have is some seriously loyal and kick ass readers. So I got all sentimental for like half a second the other day and realized how much I adore you all. You’ve listened to me rant, rave, and sometimes flat-out bitch about life this last year. Loyal readers know this past year has sucked in some seriously epic ways. You guys have been so supportive and I love that you are always cheering me on. So when hubs got the new job I knew I wanted to do something nice for you all. Now being a poor gal I can only officially thank one of you with a prize. Or you can all share it and just pass it from house to house to house. I doubt that will appeal to the winner though. So you might have to bribe them with cheesecake and stuff. I still doubt they are going to share. I know I wouldn’t. I mean a chick who steal strawberries from her daughter cannot be trusted to share. Okay peeps so here’s the dealio. To thank you for your awesomeness I am giving away ONE of these to ONE of you. All you have to do is leave a comment telling me what you plan to put in it. Are you ready for it? It’s a cookie jar like the one my kids got me for Christmas. You’re welcome.
This is hosted by me. Cuz I loves ya!
This is open to Canada (cuz we rock hard!) and the US!
For extra entries you can do any or all of these, leave a separate comment for each so I can track your a** better:
Follow me by email! (look right, there’s a subscribe button waiting just for you!)
Follow me on twitter!
Follow me on pinterest!
Follow me on stumble upon!
Follow me on google plus!
Tweet about the giveaway and make sure to tag me or it won’t count! (@CravingsLunatic for all you lazy buggars!)
Dance a jig!
Okay that last one is a lie! Don’t do it folks. Or if you do, send me a video so I can slap it on youtube and laugh at you! But it won’t get you an extra entry. Just a good giggle!
Contest will close on May 15th at midnight! Good luck all!
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED!!! NO MORE ENTRIES PLEASE!
Okie dokie folks. I hope you all love cheesecake. And strawberries. And I Love Lucy Cookie Jars.
Toodles and smoochies! xx
All photos are the property of Cravings of a Lunatic. The next loser who claims a photo of my work as their own is going to get a kick in the %#*&! Thanks for understanding.