This No Churn Cookies and Cream Coffee Ice Cream is the perfect dessert recipe. Learn how to make your own homemade Oreo ice cream with this quick and easy summer recipe.
Call me crazy but I love having no churn cookies and cream coffee ice cream in my freezer all summer long. I'm obsessed with Oreo ice cream so I make it home quite often.
My husband is a HUGE coffee fanatic. Not even kidding. He can never get enough of it. I always tease him that his favorite coffee shop should build a little apartment for him in the back of the shop. Why not, he's there all the time.
He loves his coffee. It's serious business in his world. He's not into all that fancy shmancy stuff though. Plain is his thang. No long names, no complicated ordering, just coffee. Straight up.
So, in an effort to push him out of his comfort zone I decided to take his plain coffee and turn it into cookies and cream ice cream. In the easiest way possible. I mean, I want him to expand his horizons but not at my own expense. Let's not get all crazy, people.
Instant coffee to the rescue! This stuff should wear a cape. Not even kidding. Instant coffee rocks the world. It's so easy to use for cooking and baking. If you've never tried using it in recipes you need to try it, immediately.
This no churn recipe inspiration from Martha Stewart, Nigella Lawson, and Serious Eats. You can learn the science behind no churn ice creams on Martha Stewart. There's some great insight on why adding alcohol to your ice cream helps the texture.
So, if you've been wanting to learn how to make Oreo ice cream now is the time. This version is alcohol free. If you're so inclined you add some. The cool thing about easy no churn ice creams is they are very easy to adapt to your own taste.
- Instant Coffee - Use whatever coffee blows your skirt up
- Water - Hot water, it's necessary for it to be piping hot.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - This is where the easy ice cream magic happens.
- Heavy Cream - This will make it creamy, don't make substitutions!
- Oreo Cookies - Use LOTS of 'em. The more, the better
How to Make
Boil water. Duh!
Add instant coffee to a small amount of boiling water. Mix well and allow it to cool.
Combine the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Whisk by hand like a maniac or use a mixer.
Add the coffee mixture then whisk again until it's fluffy.
Add the crushed cookies to the bowl and mix them gently.
Transfer the ice cream mixture to a metal loaf pan and smooth out.
Pop that bad boy in the freezer overnight.
Serve that beautiful ice cream to guests or hog it all to yourself, whatevs!
More ice cream recipes
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Chunky Turtle Ice Cream
- No Churn Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Trix Ice Ice Cream Cake
- Pink Lemonade Miniature Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter Bonanza Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sundae
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
No Churn Cookies and Cream Coffee Ice Cream
- Heat a small amount of water to boiling. In a small bowl combine 4 teaspoons of instant coffee with 2 teaspoons of boiling water. Mix well. Allow to cool. I placed mine in the fridge to cool it down so it would mix into the ice cream easier. You could even pop it in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool it off.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Using an electric mixer (or stand mixer) whisk the ingredients until they come together. Add the coffee mixture now, then whisk again on high until the mixture becomes fluffy. Add the crushed cookies and mix by hand until combined. Transfer mixture to a metal loaf pan and smooth out. Place in the freezer overnight.
- Serve with a big old coffee loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Recipe originally posted on June 26, 2016.
Post updated on August 1, 2020.