This potato and bacon breakfast hash recipe is absolutely perfect for brunch or breakfast. It makes a great side dish for dinner as well!
Nothing beats a hash and this breakfast hash is no exception!
Today’s recipe is an over the top, fill your belly, lay on the couch afterward kind of breakfast.
So, it’s essentially the PERFECT breakfast right.
It has yummy taters, and BACON.
Yah, you bet your sweet butt it’s got bacon.
Bacon rules the world!
What is Hash:
- Typically hash is served for breakfast
- It is a dish containing potatoes, meat and onions. This particular has does not contain onions but you could easily add some.
- You can serve it with any breakfast food. Things like toast, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, french toast and waffles go well it.
What to Serve with Potato and Bacon Hash
- Bananas Foster French Toast
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Banana Sticky Buns
- Candied Bacon
- Banana Split Waffles
- Turtles French Toast
- Red Velvet Sweet Rolls
- Quick and Easy Early Morning Parfaits
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Potato and Bacon Hash
- 1 lb bacon cut into cubes
- 3 large russet potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large cast iron skillet cook the bacon over medium low heat. Stir quite often to keep it from sticking. Cook until browned the way you like it.
- Spoon out the bacon and set aside. Do not get rid of bacon drippings. You want that.
- Pop the potatoes in the skillet in the bacon drippings and cook potatoes until they are golden brown. Mine took about 15/20 minutes. It will vary depending on your pan, stove and size of your cubes.
- Pop the bacon back in the pan and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess fat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!